This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Logan's Roadhouse gluten-free Menu

jcford33

jcford33 Rookie

I eat at our Logan's here in Oxford, AL, often and have always had good luck with my special "no seasoning" requests. Well, today, my waitress, with whom I've explained my Celiac Dis., informed me that they now have a gluten-free menu. She printed it off and gave me one and said they were required to tell the manager when someone had a gluten-free request. The manager actually brought us our lunch. The entire staff has had training on gluten-free food prep. As I said, I've always had good luck at this Logan's, but now I don't have to explain my Celiac everytime I get a new waitress/waiter.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Green Eyes Rookie

Now that is Awesome!!!!

Jennifer

hermitgirl Contributor

You have no idea how excited I am to hear that!!!!!!

hermitgirl Contributor

Wondering if you may be located close to their corporate hq, was looking online and they have no mention of it. Maybe you are in a test market store, and that is why they have to inform the manager? One more quick question, what were some of the items on the menu? I used to eat there all the time before I was diagnosed and would love to be able to eat there again. Thank you so much!!!!

jcford33 Rookie
Wondering if you may be located close to their corporate hq, was looking online and they have no mention of it. Maybe you are in a test market store, and that is why they have to inform the manager? One more quick question, what were some of the items on the menu? I used to eat there all the time before I was diagnosed and would love to be able to eat there again. Thank you so much!!!!

Most of the steaks were OK and I believe the shrimp skewer and mesquite chicken were on there. Several salads were on it, with instructions to leave off the croutons and bacon bits. There were a few sides on there, some with special ordering instructions. They also had a section with their seasonings that were gluten-free.

It was mentioned on the menu that the waitress was required to inform the manager of the request. I have it at my office and I'll try to scan it and post it on here if possible next week. If I can't do that, I'll try and email it to you if you'd like.

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

I am certainly going to research this! We drive to Birmingham frequently to visit family so it would be nice to have a place to stop along the way. I didn't realize there were any gluten-free options around Anniston.

Tim-n-VA Contributor

Based on this thread I called the Logan's in the Fair Lakes area (Fairfax County, VA, just outside of DC). They said they had a gluten free menu. We ate there tonight. It will be nice to have another restaurant to choose from. The food was okay and the price was okay.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

hermitgirl Contributor

If you could please send me the menu when you have time, I would greatly appreciate it!!

I contacted the corporate office, and this was what customer relations sent me yesterday.

"Thank you for contacting us about information regarding the presence of

gluten in the foods served at Logan's Roadhouse. We know that people

with Celiac Disease must be extremely vigilant and cautious about what

they eat in order to control this condition and we recognize that eating

in restaurants can be a challenge because of this. It is, indeed, very

difficult to avoid products that contain wheat, rye, or barley.

We are currently in the process of performing analysis on our menu items

to determine gluten content. I am very sorry that, until this analysis

is completed, I cannot give you absolute assurance about a lack of

allergens in our products. Please know that we do care about your

well-being, so if you have any concerns about Celiac disease or a

possible allergic reaction to one of our foods, we recommend that you

simply avoid that item and select another one that you are more certain

about. We strive to maintain a broad menu of choices so that our guests

can find the foods that they want and need to live a healthy lifestyle."

Don't you love corporate restaurants?

bbuster Explorer
I contacted the corporate office, and this was what customer relations sent me yesterday.

"Thank you for contacting us about information regarding the presence of

gluten in the foods served at Logan's Roadhouse. We know that people

with Celiac Disease must be extremely vigilant and cautious about what

they eat in order to control this condition and we recognize that eating

in restaurants can be a challenge because of this. It is, indeed, very

difficult to avoid products that contain wheat, rye, or barley.

We are currently in the process of performing analysis on our menu items

to determine gluten content. I am very sorry that, until this analysis

is completed, I cannot give you absolute assurance about a lack of

allergens in our products. Please know that we do care about your

well-being, so if you have any concerns about Celiac disease or a

possible allergic reaction to one of our foods, we recommend that you

simply avoid that item and select another one that you are more certain

about. We strive to maintain a broad menu of choices so that our guests

can find the foods that they want and need to live a healthy lifestyle."

Don't you love corporate restaurants?

We have one in our town, and the reply above is the same one I got, twice (tried a second time after over a year) so I put them on my personal "don't bother" list. If this is changing, it would be great!

Archived