4 replies to this topic

#1 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:29 AM

morning everyone----do any of you here also have neuropathy too---i do and i was just wondering if any of you have experienced burning face pain with it--at first i thought it was an allergic reaction, but from others i am hearing it just may be my neuropathy flaring up---my face burned so bad all day yesterday, yet didnt get red nor feel hot to the touch---similiar to the way feet burn---let me know--thanks, deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:31 AM

Yes and yes. Is your face pain an intense needly prickling under the skin or a true burning feeling? The intense prickling burn under the skin can be a nerve problem or it can be DH attempting to rear its ugly head. I have both and they feel a little different. The nerve problem is similar to what I feel in other locations on my body from the neuro problems. The DH feels like thousands of tiny needles itching their way at you from underneath your skin. If it is that, you may also see reddish splotches and then eventually have a pus pockety itchy rash.

A round of B vitamins seems to help the neuro burning for me. I also take several drugs, but those can vary widely according to your specific symptoms.

Hope this helps.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

#3 Hearts

Hearts

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:07 AM

I used to get the pins and needles under my skin all the time. What do you refer to when you say DH? Thx!

#4 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 01:58 PM

DH is Dermatitis Herpetiformis and it can come with celiac.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#5 darlindeb25

darlindeb25

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:22 PM

thank you for responding and donna---its the burning sensation--not DH--I have had it on my elbows a few months back---now that i realize neuropathy can effect your face, i also realize this is the same burning i felt on the balls of my feet when i was working my last job----i just recently started taking a B complex vitamin--does anyone know--is that enough or should i be taking B12-----my daily vitamin, which must not be helping much says: B12---25 mcg=417%---my B complex doesnt even mention B12--hmmmmmmmmmmm--deb
Deb
Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: