Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Pn And Celiacs

5 posts in this topic

morning everyone----do any of you here also have neuropathy too---i do and i was just wondering if any of you have experienced burning face pain with it--at first i thought it was an allergic reaction, but from others i am hearing it just may be my neuropathy flaring up---my face burned so bad all day yesterday, yet didnt get red nor feel hot to the touch---similiar to the way feet burn---let me know--thanks, deb

Ads by Google:

Yes and yes. Is your face pain an intense needly prickling under the skin or a true burning feeling? The intense prickling burn under the skin can be a nerve problem or it can be DH attempting to rear its ugly head. I have both and they feel a little different. The nerve problem is similar to what I feel in other locations on my body from the neuro problems. The DH feels like thousands of tiny needles itching their way at you from underneath your skin. If it is that, you may also see reddish splotches and then eventually have a pus pockety itchy rash.

A round of B vitamins seems to help the neuro burning for me. I also take several drugs, but those can vary widely according to your specific symptoms.

Hope this helps.

I used to get the pins and needles under my skin all the time. What do you refer to when you say DH? Thx!

DH is Dermatitis Herpetiformis and it can come with celiac.

thank you for responding and donna---its the burning sensation--not DH--I have had it on my elbows a few months back---now that i realize neuropathy can effect your face, i also realize this is the same burning i felt on the balls of my feet when i was working my last job----i just recently started taking a B complex vitamin--does anyone know--is that enough or should i be taking B12-----my daily vitamin, which must not be helping much says: B12---25 mcg=417%---my B complex doesnt even mention B12--hmmmmmmmmmmm--deb