Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Message Length And Emoticons

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I tried to post a VERY long message in the Let's Talk about our Pets topic... :lol: and when I tried to post, I got an error message that I had used more emoticons than the board allowed... however it did not say HOW many I was allowed and how many I had. Anyway, after taking out a whole bunch of emoticons and trying each time to post, I finally thought perhaps my message was too long and broke it into two parts.... I didn't bother going back to insert my emoticons again, but I'm wondering for future, how long can a message be, and how many emoticons can we use?

Thanks! :D

Ads by Google:

The Max. no. emoticons per post is 20.

Take care,

Scott

Oh, wow...interesting! Thanks...that will be good to know if I'm in a very...emotional mood. :blink::ph34r::huh::o;) :B :rolleyes::D:)

Hi, I tried to post a VERY long message in the Let's Talk about our Pets topic... laugh.gif and when I tried to post, I got an error message that I had used more emoticons than the board allowed...

:lol: that is too funny

Some of the faces are hilarious like this one :blink: and this one :angry:

Tammy, I had to giggle when I read your post. I can't imagine how long your post was that you had used more than 20 emoticons! :o:lol:

God bless,

Mariann :)

What you haven't read my book about my pets??? :o:( I'm crushed! <_<:lol:

Well, when you have an hour with nothing to do, have a boo... :D

:o Every time I tried to use emoticons :unsure: they wouldn't work. <_< I could only get them to go at the end of the page. :huh: Now I see that I have to put them in as I type ;) instead of after I finish my message! :lol: These are so cool! B) Thanks for the emoticons :D

I sometimes just use the shortcuts...so instead of clicking, where it might go to the end of your post, you can type a colon and a right paren. to make a smiley face or a colon and then a D to make a big grin or a colon and then a P to make the tongue sticking out face. If you click on "show all" you can see the shortcuts...I guess I've just used them a lot so I've inadvertently memorized them :lol:

I know I have just recently discovered how to use them also and I am having a blast!! :P By the way, I think after Red345, people have become accustomed to longs posts!! :rolleyes:

Karen