- - - - -

Whats The Chances?

• Please log in to reply

1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_andy_uk_*

Guest_andy_uk_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:51 AM

i have for the last 6 or so weeks had really bad diarrhea and lightheadedness etc however if i eat chicken and potatoes only then i seem to be ok for example last night i had some burgers that are

shaped with textured wheat protein

and spaghetti and chips or fries for americans lol now the only part i didnt eat was the chips/fries and about 3 - 5 minutes after eating i felt like vesuvius had erupted in my stomach and off i ran for the worst episode i have ever had in my life of diarrhea i have never had any food related problems before but i find it wierd that if i eat chicken and potatoes im fine but such as last nites meal well lets just say i wont doing an encore :blink: :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 cdford

cdford

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:25 AM

Only one way to know for sure...get tested. Start by asking your doctor about the celiac panel of blood tests. He/she will probably want to check a few hundred other things as well. If you have enough damage, the blood work will be positive and you can move on with your life. Personally, I would not let them do another biopsy on me if I had known then what I know now, but each person has to work with their doctor to make the best choices for their own health.

Read a lot on this site. You may find yourself in many of our stories with many symptoms you had not even thought to associate with the stomach concerns.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: