1 reply to this topic

#1 *lee-lee*

*lee-lee*

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:26 PM

i went out to dinner at Applebee's last night...definitely not my first choice of restaurant but we were with my boyfriends family and i didn't want to be a PIA. i ordered a plain cheeseburger (minus the bun) and a side salad. i asked our waitress if they had a dedicated fryer for the french fries and she said she thought they did. i asked her to double check and if they did, i'd have the fries and if not, the salad was fine. she came back a minute later and said she asked her manager who said i'd be safer with the salad because sometimes the kitchen staff gets lazy or forgets and uses the wrong fryer. i thanked her up and down - how nice that she was honest! it was definitely appreciated :D oh and Applebee's now makes each burger from scratch (according to the menu and confirmed by our waitress) so i just made sure to mention i didn't want anything added to it, aside from just salt & pepper.

i'm very pleased to report that i have had no ill effects from dinner. i usually either end up spending the day in the bathroom or i'll get a bunch of pimples all over my face if i get glutened. 24 hours later and i'm feeling great.

i was very nervous to eat at Applebee's but i wanted to share my good experience in case anyone else wants to give it a try!
5/23/2008 - blood positive for antibodies
6/24/2008 - negative biopsy
8/11/2008 - DQ2 gene present

7/1/2008 - gluten-free
(and dairy-light until 12/1/2008)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sixtytwo

sixtytwo

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:38 PM

When I eat at Applebys I have their salmon withouth the sauce, it comes with a rice pilaf and veggie. It is very good. I also have had their very popular chicken salad that usually comes with fried chicken, but I have them put on their grilled chicken instead. I eat there all the time. I think the dressing probably is thickend with corn starch. I do fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: