#16 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 07:21 AM

-6 pounds, Erica! That's fantastic!!

I can't use most ready-made mixes, they contain rice, which I am allergic to. I make three small pancakes each time, I just won't be able to eat them all. I am going to try freezing two of them for another time. I do it with regular pancakes for my family, then they just throw them in the microwave for instant breakfasts. I must control the portion sizes!

And yes, we will be here for you when you have bad weeks! That is what supporting each other is about!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 02:37 AM

You go girl, 6lbs. that is great. Dessa I understand that swollen thing. Next week will be better for us. I am proud of both of you for at least trying to get healthy.
I'm singing with you erica, A WHIP IT, WHIP IT GOOD :lol:

#18 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:14 AM

Yeah, I just noticed the rice allergy on the gluten-free WW e-mailings...

It is awesome that you are able to realistically look at what needs to be modified and make changes !

Oh, wait a sec....I just looked at the package ...the Bob's Red Mill gluten-free Pancake Mix and it does not appear to be made with rice at all <brightening>
The ingredients are as follows:
potato starch
sorghum flour
tapioca flour
corn flour
turbinado sugar
baking powder
baking soda
sea salt
xanthan gum

serving size is 2 4" pancakes
servings per bag 15
Calories 140 mix 190 as prepared
Fat .5g
Dietary Fiber 2g

so would this be ok for you??
-erica

#19 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:18 AM

You go girl, 6lbs. that is great. Dessa I understand that swollen thing. Next week will be better for us. I am proud of both of you for at least trying to get healthy.
I'm singing with you erica, A WHIP IT, WHIP IT GOOD :lol:

LOL

:D

#20 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2005 - 03:20 AM

How is it going for you two with family/friend support???
-erica

#21 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 06:02 AM

Thanks Erica! I'm going to have to see if Fox Farms has some next week! Shame on me for assuming it had rice without reading the label first! I made my pancakes last night. Instead of making one big one, I made two small ones. I ate one and froze the other. I'm eating the frozen one now, after heating it in the microwave. It's tough and chewy. I will have to cut the recipe in half and make them fresh each time.
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#22 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 03:50 AM

-erica

Mine are excellent. I am truly blessed in that area :)

#23 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:03 AM

My friends are divided. Some say that I am doing wonderful, and encourage and support me, another one asks me why I toture myself by not eating breads and limiting portions. My family supports me all the way. They like the thought of a healthier me! How is your support network?
Dessa

#24 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:04 AM

Thanks Erica! I'm going to have to see if Fox Farms has some next week! Shame on me for assuming it had rice without reading the label first! I made my pancakes last night. Instead of making one big one, I made two small ones. I ate one and froze the other. I'm eating the frozen one now, after heating it in the microwave. It's tough and chewy. I will have to cut the recipe in half and make them fresh each time.

:D hope you find it I think you'll find it a valuable treat

#25 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2005 - 07:19 AM

-erica

:) It is good to hear about the positive support!

In my house it is my husband and I and HE has always been amazing in that area. He has no qualms about me buying what I need for a proper diet, and he is very understanding in arranging meals with me, and waiting for me to get all my info together if we are thinking of going out.
He has never put me down about my weight, and even now he does not make any comments relating to it being about the wieght. He just says I am cute and he is proud of me for really going for it and he is all for me being comfortable with myself and being how I told him I would be which is more healthy and less inhibited.

As I said when I visited my parents for Easter weekend my mom was amazingly supportive. She had a really hard time accepting the gluten-free thing. But it really worked out. I called her to tell her about the loss and she said she was so happy for me ...she did throw in there that she has been worried about me...but also added that she knows that I was struggling with losing weight before as I would squeeze it off but it would jump back on and I kept getting sick and she said and I quote, " and all because you were eating things that were making you sick..." Hmmm....so maybe she is getting it...
My best friend is very supportive and congratulated me...as she is more then up to date on my weight complaints and gluten-free life...
My co-workers...all women...are constantly swinging on and off diets...so they praise weightloss but sometimes mock food choices...two that I work with that I am closer to then the rest are just supportive, although they do not really understand gluten-free stuff they respect it.
Making a long story longer I am also finding it easier to do all of this with a calmer lifestyle...my husband and I used to be in youth work and even just my gluten-free diet alone suffered a lot as we were always on the go...
I am very content and thankful :D
-erica :rolleyes:

#26 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 02:01 AM

:angry: 222.5 gained 3.5lbs.
why did I gain, this is what I think. I stayed on the couch fri through mon. sick with sinus infection and bronchotis. I was lazy and didn't watch what I ate. :angry:
I am really upset with myself. It was so easy on ww before gluten-free and now it seems impossible to lose. argggggggg.
Somethimes I think of just eating like I used to just until I get to my goal weight then going back to gluten-free but I know that is the WRONG way out. It would probably all come back plus some.
Terri (feeling even sicker then before)

#27 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:19 AM

Start: 199
Goal: 179
Current: 201

No loss, no gain. Since this week is menses, and I always bloat real bad, I will take it as a good thing that I did not gain! I am tired of trying and not getting any results, but I know I must continue onward, or I will never succeed!
Dessa

#28 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2005 - 05:20 AM

Weighed in yesterday...
so that is -1.5lbs.

My husband suggested that the previous loss was water weight and that is why it may have been so high. I also know that this past week I did not drink enough water, AND I used all of those bonus points PLUS I mis-calculated on one of my snacks which put me over about 7pts.

Well, our bodies sure are stubborn ! ;)

Ladies, I am curious as to what you are eating since you seem so frustrated...?

I am sorry that you have not been feeling well Terri, and Vesta I know that when mine comes I get sooooo hungry and my lower belly does bloat a little.

-erica

#29 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:38 PM

Erica,
i am so proud of you. :) You are doing absolutely fablous. Keep up the good work.
I did not really watch what I ate last week because I didn't feel good. I do believe that I must get my 5 fruits & veggies, protein, some good fat, water and excersie in before I see results. I barley ate anything and what I ate is not worth mentioning because it was not the above listed. For instance one day (while sick) I had gluten-free toast for breaksfast, 1 cup rice for lunch , some m&m's here and there and that was about it. That is diffently not the way to go. And i know better than that.
You are doing really well and I'm so proud of you. I am really going to start this program with all my heart as soon as I can get back on my feet. This bronchottis (spelling sucks) has really gotten me down.
I run short of breath just walking across the room so there has been NO excercising. I have came to far and worked so hard to have lost the weight I already did before going gluten-free to blow it now. I just had a few stumps to get across to get my mind back on the right track.
One good thing though is I went to doctor the Thursday before good firday for another biopsy and this one came back normal, Doc was proud that my gluten-free diet was starting to work so that is some encouragement that I can be proud of. he said for me to concentrate more on gluten-free healthy eating and do alot of excersising and not to pressure myself about the weight. He said he would rather see me every six months at this weight then not see me at all. I almost cried. He is such a caring doctor and I'm blessed to have found him.
Anyway sorry to post such a long message but I'm starting to see things in a more postive way then I did before.
Lots of love
Terri

#30 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:55 PM

:D Terri I am so glad!
I agree with all that you said :rolleyes: and thank you also for the encouragement!

I definitely think that having such an incredible physician in your corner is incredible...something I do not have <_<
but I am glad that I am not losing you to gluten or that you are giving up!! :)

In regards to excirsise, somebody mentioned something about in the WW program they do not reccomend that people focus on a routine or program if it is new to them within the first few weeks ....???....

Still praying for your health to improve :wub: and good luck this week!!

-erica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: