This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Weight Watchers Weigh In

Guest talsop

Guest talsop

:angry:222.5 gained 3.5lbs.

why did I gain, this is what I think. I stayed on the couch fri through mon. sick with sinus infection and bronchotis. I was lazy and didn't watch what I ate. :angry:

I am really upset with myself. It was so easy on ww before gluten-free and now it seems impossible to lose. argggggggg.

Somethimes I think of just eating like I used to just until I get to my goal weight then going back to gluten-free but I know that is the WRONG way out. It would probably all come back plus some.

Terri (feeling even sicker then before)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
plantime Contributor

Start: 199

Goal: 179

Current: 201

No loss, no gain. Since this week is menses, and I always bloat real bad, I will take it as a good thing that I did not gain! I am tired of trying and not getting any results, but I know I must continue onward, or I will never succeed!

Guest michneva

Weighed in yesterday...

so that is -1.5lbs.

My husband suggested that the previous loss was water weight and that is why it may have been so high. I also know that this past week I did not drink enough water, AND I used all of those bonus points PLUS I mis-calculated on one of my snacks which put me over about 7pts.

Well, our bodies sure are stubborn ! ;)

Ladies, I am curious as to what you are eating since you seem so frustrated...?

I am sorry that you have not been feeling well Terri, and Vesta I know that when mine comes I get sooooo hungry and my lower belly does bloat a little.

-erica

Guest talsop

Erica,

i am so proud of you. :) You are doing absolutely fablous. Keep up the good work.

I did not really watch what I ate last week because I didn't feel good. I do believe that I must get my 5 fruits & veggies, protein, some good fat, water and excersie in before I see results. I barley ate anything and what I ate is not worth mentioning because it was not the above listed. For instance one day (while sick) I had gluten-free toast for breaksfast, 1 cup rice for lunch , some m&m's here and there and that was about it. That is diffently not the way to go. And i know better than that.

You are doing really well and I'm so proud of you. I am really going to start this program with all my heart as soon as I can get back on my feet. This bronchottis (spelling sucks) has really gotten me down.

I run short of breath just walking across the room so there has been NO excercising. I have came to far and worked so hard to have lost the weight I already did before going gluten-free to blow it now. I just had a few stumps to get across to get my mind back on the right track.

One good thing though is I went to doctor the Thursday before good firday for another biopsy and this one came back normal, Doc was proud that my gluten-free diet was starting to work so that is some encouragement that I can be proud of. he said for me to concentrate more on gluten-free healthy eating and do alot of excersising and not to pressure myself about the weight. He said he would rather see me every six months at this weight then not see me at all. I almost cried. He is such a caring doctor and I'm blessed to have found him.

Anyway sorry to post such a long message but I'm starting to see things in a more postive way then I did before.

Lots of love

Terri

Guest michneva

:D Terri I am so glad!

I agree with all that you said :rolleyes: and thank you also for the encouragement!

I definitely think that having such an incredible physician in your corner is incredible...something I do not have <_<

but I am glad that I am not losing you to gluten or that you are giving up!! :)

In regards to excirsise, somebody mentioned something about in the WW program they do not reccomend that people focus on a routine or program if it is new to them within the first few weeks ....???....

Still praying for your health to improve :wub: and good luck this week!!

-erica

plantime Contributor

I know that mine this week is my period. From the very beginning of it, I would pack on 5 lbs literally overnight just 2 or 3 days before my period started. When it was all over, the 5 lbs was gone, too. I was very careful about what and how much I ate last week, (especially after the pancake shock!! :lol: ), and I did my exercising, so I am wondering if would have lost if TOM had not reared it's nasty head! Part of my frustration and depression this week is also my cycle, I started charting it when my doc said I needed antianxiety meds. Since it is cyclical, I can live with it!

Guest michneva

Sounds rough, but I admire that you are living with it and not just that you are moving foward courageously!!

I had a stupid -girly moment the other day that was so pathetic! I felt really bad for my husband who is just so sweet

We were going out to the movies and I had been waiting a month or more to see this movie...I put on an outfit that I hoped would look attractive and it sort of did, but then before going to the movies we stopped in Old Navy...a place where I used to shop all the time, but at this point in my weight I do not like how the clothes fit me...so I have a couple of things I collected here and there from Lane Bryant...because I want to still look attractive in the midst of all of this! Anyway, we stopped there because my husband was looking for something. I need a spring jacket and remembered that the last time we were there I tried on a black trench that I LOVED and now they are on sale for $24 so I went to get it and .....NO BLACK TRENCH...which would have been ok...but my hubby came over and I told him that they were out of the one I wanted. He was like , " wait , what about this one?" and he pulled out a tan one that had a slightly different style then the one I wanted but that wasn't the problem... the problem was that it was an XL and at this point in Old Navy's regular line I would need a XXL and anyway I got all embarrassed, but tried to quickly just say, "No..it's fine..." and he was all, "Come on...try it on :D " I felt bad but I could feel myself getting red....I slipped...well sort of fummbled...the coat on and the two sides met in the middle but there was NO way it was buttoning... :angry:

He looked at my face...looked at the rack ...and then looked like :unsure:

He started to say.." But ...it's an XL...." which he appearantly just meant in an honestly perplexed way because that is what he thought I wore"

I was like <_< " I told you never mind..." and took the jacket on very quickly...and for like the next 15 min before going into the theatre we talked about the whole thing ...having to first sift through my total disappointment and strange embarrasment...

Anyway I was all :angry: " I am just frustrated, I thought I was looking better..." and, "You even said the first week was just WATER WEIGHT..."

:blink:

We talked it out and I felt <_< with myself for the whole ....little ....tantrum, really...

Then later when I went to the bathroom after the movie I caught a glimpse of my reflection and still did not like how I looked in the outfit.... :ph34r:

So I came out determind not to be stupid again and my husband was kind of :unsure::D;):unsure:<_<:);):unsure::blink: trying to be helpful...

I shook it off eventually but it was just one of those days...you know????

The next day was much better.

My husband was like ;)

And I was more like :rolleyes: (myself)

And he said at one point..."...maybe you could return that one shirt..." LOL

I just laughed and shook my head and thought to myself that I was glad to have a supportive husband who loves me so much, and that in retrospect I am OK

and on my way...and that now I know better then to 1. try to hide my size and weight from my husband 2. Not wear something I don't feel good in and 3. LIGHTEN UP!!

....otherwise I am just asking for trouble!!

-erica

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest talsop

4/13/05 weigh in @ 220.8 down -1.7

still trying hard.

Terri

plantime Contributor

199!! Down 2 pounds!!

I cut back on my portion sizes, and work out at least 30 mins a day, 5 days a week. Progress is slow, but it is progress!!

Congratulations, Terri!!

dbuhl79 Contributor

I don't officially paricipate in Weight Watchers, although I think it is a WONDERFUL program, just going the cheaper route of on my own.

I just wanted to post and say congratulations to all of you women who are working so diligently at your weight loss! And being gluten-free at the same time is not easy I know! Way to go on your progress.

Current 144lbs

Goal 125lbs

(really I'm a shorty!)

Congrats again! Keep it up! You guys are a great inspiration and motivator for me to stick to my better habits.

Guest michneva

Hey all! Congrats on your loses this week! :D

Weighed in today at 194.5lbs.

That is -4lbs.

A total of -11.5 so far.

:)

Thanks for all the support!

Guest michneva
I don't officially paricipate in Weight Watchers, although I think it is a WONDERFUL program, just going the cheaper route of on my own.

I just wanted to post and say congratulations to all of you women who are working so diligently at your weight loss! And being gluten-free at the same time is not easy I know! Way to go on your progress.

Current 144lbs

Goal 125lbs

(really I'm a shorty!)

Congrats again! Keep it up! You guys are a great inspiration and motivator for me to stick to my better habits.

Just to let you know we ARE actually doing it on our own...well supporting eachother and doing it on our own.

There is another site that we hooked up with on Yahoo!

I believe the web link is on this thread.

I am doing it this way to save $ and time of meetings, but still have the accountability and support. It is great to share recipes and food suggestions as well. --all gluten-free!! :D

You are welcome to join either or both!

Best wishes ;)

Guest talsop

wow looks like a great week for all of us. Congrats ladies. I found a great 2pt. muffin made by kinnincki. They have choc. chip, blueberry and carrot and they are wonderful. Finally something I get eat for a quick breakfast or snack and not cost alot of points. Keep up the great work, I am so proud of all of us. Great job with the excercising plan time, and great job erica for 11 lbs. You earned 1 - 5lbs. star :) and a book marker. Thats what you would have gotten at weight watchers.Way to go all. Also anyone is free to join in on our weigh ins. Also the sight erica is talking about is glutenfreeweightwatchers.

Terri

plantime Contributor

This has been a good one for all of us!

Welcome, Dana. I don't pay for WW either, as I just can't afford it right now. We give each other support and advice on here, for free! Anyone is welcome to join us, so come back every Wednesday (or sooner!) and let us know how you're doing! :D

Guest gliX

Beginning of Week: 145

End of Week: 135

Total lost: 10

yay for grits

Guest talsop
Beginning of Week: 145

End of Week: 135

Total lost: 10

yay for grits

Wow 10 lbs. that is great, please tell us what you did to lose so much. And welcome to the group.

Terri

Guest gliX

i'm not in weight watchers though

every day i had:

Breakfast: bowl of grits

Lunch: Small yogurt, small turkey sandswich, OR small yougurt, low fat tuna

Dinner: carrots, banana, chicken

worked out every day for half a hour

just the basic eating healthy and exercising

Guest michneva

Well, Glix that is great as long as you are healthy :)

I weighed in today at 193lbs.

So this week I lost 1.5lbs,

For a total of 13lbs.

By the way thank you Terri for the book marker ;)

Best wishes everyone hope you're having a good week! :D

Guest talsop
4/13/05 weigh in @ 220.8 down -1.7

still trying hard.

Terri

4/21/05 weigh in at 219.2

Thats 1.6 lost this week. Almost back to where I started from :D

Guest talsop
4/21/05 weigh in at 219.2

Thats 1.6 lost this week. Almost back to where I started from :D

4/27/05 todays weigh in @ 217.7 lost 1.5

Finally below startng point :D total lost since i gained is 4.8. coming off slowly but surley

Guest michneva

Weighed in this week at 191lbs. so I lost 2 lbs. this week

Total of 15lbs. lost

By the way, there is a fun web-site that I used to reinforce some motivation :-)

The site is www.myvirtualmodel.com

on it I typed in my info of my starting weight and such and printed out a photo that is very accurate of what I looked like at that weight. Then I printed out a picture of my at my 10% goal .

I then printed out pictures of a few further 10% goals and then cut the pics out and put them on photo album page to look at for motivation/ weight tracker as well :-)

It may be funny but it will be neat to look at once in awhile as I go further...

vmabarak Newbie

Hi, I am new to the message board, diagnosed with celiac disease 4-5 months ago, overweight, stomach hurts almost all the time, and I still can't seem to get disciplined around a gluten-free diet. What is the point system you all are talking about? I have to go back to the doc next month and ck my levels again and I am not going to have made any progress.... Help I need to jumpstart! Any advice?

Guest talsop

Welcome Vmabarak,

Go back and look at the post and you will find a point slider that you can print out and use. Also yahoo has a great group called glutenfreeweightwatchers. I understand the stomach hurting all the time but since I went gluten-free I feel like a new person. My stomach is never bloated anymore and I don't have those horrible pains either. This is a great site to be on so read read read the post. Its a tough diet but we are here for you for support. There are alot of web sites that list things you can have and can't.

Hope things go well for you at the doc.

Terri

Guest talsop
Weighed in this week at 191lbs. so I lost 2 lbs. this week

Total of 15lbs. lost

Erica,

You are doing great girl, you keep up the great work. I'm am so proud of you. I will check out this web site and see what its about. You keep on going with you weigh loss, your a ray of sunshine :D

plantime Contributor

I was at 198 last week, and am at 200 this week. I know that it is almost menses time, so I hope that is it. I have been eating less and exercising more, and just doing my best right now.

Congratulations to everyone that lost this week!

Archived