50 replies to this topic

#31 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:51 AM

I know that mine this week is my period. From the very beginning of it, I would pack on 5 lbs literally overnight just 2 or 3 days before my period started. When it was all over, the 5 lbs was gone, too. I was very careful about what and how much I ate last week, (especially after the pancake shock!! :lol: ), and I did my exercising, so I am wondering if would have lost if TOM had not reared it's nasty head! Part of my frustration and depression this week is also my cycle, I started charting it when my doc said I needed antianxiety meds. Since it is cyclical, I can live with it!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2005 - 05:32 AM

Sounds rough, but I admire that you are living with it and not just that you are moving foward courageously!!

I had a stupid -girly moment the other day that was so pathetic! I felt really bad for my husband who is just so sweet

We were going out to the movies and I had been waiting a month or more to see this movie...I put on an outfit that I hoped would look attractive and it sort of did, but then before going to the movies we stopped in Old Navy...a place where I used to shop all the time, but at this point in my weight I do not like how the clothes fit me...so I have a couple of things I collected here and there from Lane Bryant...because I want to still look attractive in the midst of all of this! Anyway, we stopped there because my husband was looking for something. I need a spring jacket and remembered that the last time we were there I tried on a black trench that I LOVED and now they are on sale for $24 so I went to get it and .....NO BLACK TRENCH...which would have been ok...but my hubby came over and I told him that they were out of the one I wanted. He was like , " wait , what about this one?" and he pulled out a tan one that had a slightly different style then the one I wanted but that wasn't the problem... the problem was that it was an XL and at this point in Old Navy's regular line I would need a XXL and anyway I got all embarrassed, but tried to quickly just say, "No..it's fine..." and he was all, "Come on...try it on :D " I felt bad but I could feel myself getting red....I slipped...well sort of fummbled...the coat on and the two sides met in the middle but there was NO way it was buttoning... :angry:
He looked at my face...looked at the rack ...and then looked like :unsure:
He started to say.." But ...it's an XL...." which he appearantly just meant in an honestly perplexed way because that is what he thought I wore"
I was like <_< " I told you never mind..." and took the jacket on very quickly...and for like the next 15 min before going into the theatre we talked about the whole thing ...having to first sift through my total disappointment and strange embarrasment...
Anyway I was all :angry: " I am just frustrated, I thought I was looking better..." and, "You even said the first week was just WATER WEIGHT..."
:blink:
We talked it out and I felt <_< with myself for the whole ....little ....tantrum, really...

Then later when I went to the bathroom after the movie I caught a glimpse of my reflection and still did not like how I looked in the outfit.... :ph34r:
So I came out determind not to be stupid again and my husband was kind of :unsure: :D ;) :unsure: <_< :) ;) :unsure: :blink: trying to be helpful...
I shook it off eventually but it was just one of those days...you know????
The next day was much better.
My husband was like ;)
And I was more like :rolleyes: (myself)
And he said at one point..."...maybe you could return that one shirt..." LOL
I just laughed and shook my head and thought to myself that I was glad to have a supportive husband who loves me so much, and that in retrospect I am OK
and on my way...and that now I know better then to 1. try to hide my size and weight from my husband 2. Not wear something I don't feel good in and 3. LIGHTEN UP!!
....otherwise I am just asking for trouble!!

-erica

#33 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2005 - 02:09 AM

4/13/05 weigh in @ 220.8 down -1.7
still trying hard.
Terri

#34 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:45 AM

199!! Down 2 pounds!!

I cut back on my portion sizes, and work out at least 30 mins a day, 5 days a week. Progress is slow, but it is progress!!

Congratulations, Terri!!
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#35 dbuhl79

dbuhl79

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 12:16 PM

I don't officially paricipate in Weight Watchers, although I think it is a WONDERFUL program, just going the cheaper route of on my own.

I just wanted to post and say congratulations to all of you women who are working so diligently at your weight loss! And being gluten-free at the same time is not easy I know! Way to go on your progress.

Current 144lbs
Goal 125lbs

(really I'm a shorty!)

Congrats again! Keep it up! You guys are a great inspiration and motivator for me to stick to my better habits.
Positive Dietary Challenge, firmly believing gluten-free is the way to be!
gluten-free since Nov. 18, 2004.

Always learning along with the rest of everyone else... a never ending process.
Dana :)

#36 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:00 PM

Hey all! Congrats on your loses this week! :D

Weighed in today at 194.5lbs.
That is -4lbs.
A total of -11.5 so far.

:)

Thanks for all the support!

#37 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:03 PM

I don't officially paricipate in Weight Watchers, although I think it is a WONDERFUL program, just going the cheaper route of on my own.

I just wanted to post and say congratulations to all of you women who are working so diligently at your weight loss! And being gluten-free at the same time is not easy I know! Way to go on your progress.

Current 144lbs
Goal 125lbs

(really I'm a shorty!)

Congrats again! Keep it up! You guys are a great inspiration and motivator for me to stick to my better habits.

Just to let you know we ARE actually doing it on our own...well supporting eachother and doing it on our own.

There is another site that we hooked up with on Yahoo!
I believe the web link is on this thread.

I am doing it this way to save $ and time of meetings, but still have the accountability and support. It is great to share recipes and food suggestions as well. --all gluten-free!! :D

You are welcome to join either or both!

Best wishes ;)

#38 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2005 - 05:52 PM

wow looks like a great week for all of us. Congrats ladies. I found a great 2pt. muffin made by kinnincki. They have choc. chip, blueberry and carrot and they are wonderful. Finally something I get eat for a quick breakfast or snack and not cost alot of points. Keep up the great work, I am so proud of all of us. Great job with the excercising plan time, and great job erica for 11 lbs. You earned 1 - 5lbs. star :) and a book marker. Thats what you would have gotten at weight watchers.Way to go all. Also anyone is free to join in on our weigh ins. Also the sight erica is talking about is glutenfreeweightwatchers.
Terri

#39 plantime

plantime

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:23 AM

This has been a good one for all of us!

Welcome, Dana. I don't pay for WW either, as I just can't afford it right now. We give each other support and advice on here, for free! Anyone is welcome to join us, so come back every Wednesday (or sooner!) and let us know how you're doing! :D
Dessa

#40 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:04 AM

Beginning of Week: 145
End of Week: 135
Total lost: 10

yay for grits

#41 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

Beginning of Week: 145
End of Week: 135
Total lost: 10

yay for grits

Wow 10 lbs. that is great, please tell us what you did to lose so much. And welcome to the group.
Terri

#42 Guest_gliX_*

Guest_gliX_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2005 - 11:08 AM

i'm not in weight watchers though

every day i had:

Breakfast: bowl of grits
Lunch: Small yogurt, small turkey sandswich, OR small yougurt, low fat tuna
Dinner: carrots, banana, chicken

worked out every day for half a hour

just the basic eating healthy and exercising

#43 Guest_michneva_*

Guest_michneva_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2005 - 05:01 PM

Well, Glix that is great as long as you are healthy :)

I weighed in today at 193lbs.
So this week I lost 1.5lbs,
For a total of 13lbs.

By the way thank you Terri for the book marker ;)

Best wishes everyone hope you're having a good week! :D

#44 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2005 - 04:06 PM

4/13/05 weigh in @ 220.8 down -1.7
still trying hard.
Terri

4/21/05 weigh in at 219.2
Thats 1.6 lost this week. Almost back to where I started from :D

#45 Guest_talsop_*

Guest_talsop_*