1 reply to this topic

#1 dfish

dfish

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:24 PM

First of all, I want to say thanks to everyone who responded to my question about the testing kits. Once again, you are all the experts, since everyone said they think I got the second test kit in error and lo and behold, when Enterolab got back to me, they said the exact same thing!

This may seem kind of silly because, well, common sense would say that anyone who tests negative would probably not be on this message board, but I'm wondering, has anyone ever tested negative through Enterolab? I'm just wondering because it seems like everyone has tested positive and it makes me kind of wonder if anyone ever tests negative? I'm waiting for my results but I am also really starting to think that Celiac is not what is wrong with me; My blood tests were inconclusive and I've been eating gluten for several weeks now in order to do a challenge with my doctor (that I will cancel as soon as I get the Enterolab results because I trust them more), and I don't feel bad at all. I've had no stomach problems, no diarrhea, no cramping, nothing out of the ordinary since beginning the gluten challenge four weeks ago. I have eliminated eggs from my diet and that has seemed to help more than eliminating gluten ever did; I also have noticed that about the time I began to get very sick last year, I was also trying the Atkins diet and eating eggs and chicken like a fiend. I don't eat either one of them any longer and feel better than I have in a long time. I have also been under a tremendous amount of stress this last year or so and that is getting dealt with too. What if I do test negative through Enterolab? Does that mean I absolutely do not have celiac disease?

Thanks much in advance for all of your posts! I almost don't want to test negative because I enjoy reading everyone's posts and how friendly and supportive everyone is here :P

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 06:49 PM

Yes, people do test negative with the Enterolab tests. They of course wouldn't be hanging around here ;) but there are some people here who have had relatives test negative on the Enterolab tests. I think a lot of people do test positive though because the gluten sensitivity spectrum covers a much larger range of people than just Celiacs, and most people ordering the tests are symptomatic or have a relative who tested positive, and thus their chances of having a problem with gluten are higher.

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: