Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten In Crystal Light!

9 posts in this topic

I've felt awful the last day and a half. I've been gluten free for a month and a half and felt much better at first and was starting to be a little skeptical as to how strict I needed to be, but now I know!

The only thing I had yesterday that I hadn't read every ingredient on was a packet of Crystal Light. So went I went back to look at it, I had two boxes. One box clearly labeled gluten-free and the other (the one I drank yesterday) was not labeled gluten-free and maltodextrin was the only ingredient difference between the two boxes.

I just can't believe this! For one, that I feel this bad (bloated intestines, exhausted, twitching eye, etc.) and, two, that there is gluten in crystal light!

Just thought I'd put the warning out there!

Ads by Google:

For some of us the gluten reaction is delayed. Look at not just what you had right before you got ill but also for the 3 days before. It can sometimes be very hard to figure out what 'got' us especially early on.

Also keep in mind that artificial sweeteners can cause issues for people with GI problems. I know that they give me terrible stomach cramps and D.

A representative from Kraft called to assure me that they disclose all sources of gluten and require their suppliers to do the same. I thanked her for their commitment to taking gluten seriously.

I'm still not sure what made me sick....

I had an reaction to crystal light. Arthritis in my Hands started aching after drinking it 2 days in a roll. I know, I know Kraft labels "Crystal Light" Gluten Free. Fooled me once, fooled me twice, Not a Third time...

I had an reaction to crystal light. Arthritis in my Hands started aching after drinking it 2 days in a roll. I know, I know Kraft labels "Crystal Light" Gluten Free. Fooled me once, fooled me twice, Not a Third time...

Just because you react to a product does not mean the company is lying about gluten. There are plenty of things to disagree with you artificial sugar, colors, flavors, etc. I have a son who does not have Celiac but Crystal LIght gives him stomach pain & bloating. We suspect the sweetener.

Kareng makes a good point. Once we identify gluten as the culprit, many of us blame everything on gluten. Sometimes other things I eat or drink "disagree" with me. That certainly does not mean they contain gluten.