3 replies to this topic

#1 chawk310

chawk310

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 07:09 AM

Our family will be travelling soon, and I wonder if anyone has found a store/internet site, etc., where you can purchase ready made meals that can be microwaved. I want to have some handy for my 4 y/o son and hope there are some out there that he will eat. (kid friendly) Thanks for your help!!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Kim

Kim

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:00 AM

You may try bringing a cheap toaster with you, and bringing gluten-free bread, peanut butter and jelly. Also, there are gluten-free chicken nuggets you can buy, cook in oven before you go, and then just reheat in microwave.

There are meals in a cup (gluten-free pantry has a few) and Thai noodle bowls that are gluten-free and you just add boiling water.

Good luck.

#3 GFdoc

GFdoc

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 08:55 AM

I have been really happy with "My Own Meal" prepackaged meals - they are individual servings, fully cooked, don't need to be frozen or refrigerated. All you need to do is zap in microwave to heat. I bought some from a local store, but then bought a case direct from company My Own Meals (click on name for link)There are not too many choices on flavors ...I like the Old World Stew - its beef and veggies over brown rice - tastes pretty good. Best of all, its great for traveling - just throw a few in the suitcase for emergency meals (keep one in your carry on for the airport)

I also really like Amy's meals - there are a lot of choices that are gluten-free, including a pretty good rice mac and cheese... but these need to be frozen until used.

Sara
Sara gluten-free since 9/03

#4 chawk310

chawk310

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:15 AM

Thanks for the info on the prepared foods. I guess I should have mentioned that we will be flying and won't be able to bring toaster, etc. I will go on-line today and order some of those meals. Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: