31 replies to this topic

#31 jenvan

jenvan

Lynne took this picture! :)

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,211 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:16 AM

Gab- Sorry to hear about the upcoming surgery--have you scheduled it yet?

Berneses- I think its awesome you were adopted. There are so many kids are there dying for homes ! I have several friends who have adopted, regardless of whether they can have their own children or not...

Tiffany- I'm where you are girl--'do i want kids?' I hope my heart changes over time--my husband would really like to have children...but both of us agree it would be several years out.

And good news on getting pregnant :) A few months ago I was having dinner with a friend who has celiac disease, and she was sharing her own fear of not being able to get pregnant one day (they weren't trying). Well... little did she know she was actually pregnant at that moment !! She was diagnosed w/celiac 2 years ago, but has had some issues with the diet along the way...so it wasn't a fierce gluten-free 2 years. She is 4 months along now and doing well!

On a sweet and also slightly disturbing note :huh: a few weeks ago my husbands sister offered to be a surrogate for me! she has had 3 and was thinking of getting her tubes tied. (she is one of those women who gets pregnant right away and has easy pregnancies)... she said she would wait until we wanted to have kids and would be a surrogate for us. i was thinking--'wow! that is pretty amazing of her! and wow--that would be really weird!' needless to say--i told her to go ahead and get her tubes tied and not wait for me ! :D
~~~~~~~
Jen
Indianapolis, IN

gluten-free since Feb 2005
dairy-free

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 gabrielle

gabrielle

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:34 AM

thanks again for the replies. My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday.. i can't believe it is only a few days away. has anyone had this kind of surgery before? i am so scared... if anyone has any reassuring info i'd greatly appreciate it.
Gabrielle
Lancaster, Pennsylvania

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: