Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Wheat Dissoluble Gut Enzymes-when Available?

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 Candy

Candy

Advanced Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 10:48 PM

I read in a recent newsletter from this here Celiac.com that an enzyme that most people have in their intestine ,but Celiacs lack, could be marketed to cure Celiacs and allow them to digest all wheat products. They also wrote that it's readily available in large quantities, but I'd like to know when? When will they get it on the market? this year,next year? When? I can't wait to eat some Dunkin Donuts. :rolleyes:
I have DNA ancestry in NW.EUROPE,where CELIAC'S known to be common.

DEC. '05 TESTED POSITIVE for the Celiac GENES HLA-DQ2 , and DQ3 SUBTYPE DQ8
Celiac Negative Endoscopy-Aug.'08 - Diagnosed with Hernia and GERD(Gastric Esophageal Reflux Disease),and prescribed Acid Reducing Medication. I hadn't eaten WHEAT for a year prior to the Endoscopy-maybe that's why result was Negative. I need TTG test to determine Active Celiac Status/

Disgnosed with Sjogren's 9/19/2008- Internist referred me to Eye Doctor and Rheumatologist.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 raisin

raisin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 02:13 AM

L Glutamine is available now, at most health stores and some grocery stores. Some celiacs swear by it. But it is not equivalent to taking Lactaid when your lactose intolerant - It does not make eating gluten okay, more like damage control.

#3 Candy

Candy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 03:48 AM

Well my dear, lactose is not gluten. Celiacs are Gluten intolerant. One can avoid milk more often than one can avoid wheat and the study was about an intestinal enzyme that makes Gluten digestible and harmless to Celiacs. Obviously you don't know what I'm talking about,and you shouldn't -it's a lab and scientist that are working on this gut enzyme and it isn't being marketed yet.

Celiac Negative Endoscopy-Aug.'08 - Diagnosed with Hernia and GERD(Gastric Esophageal Reflux Disease),and prescribed Acid Reducing Medication. I hadn't eaten WHEAT for a year prior to the Endoscopy-maybe that's why result was Negative. I need TTG test to determine Active Celiac Status/

Disgnosed with Sjogren's 9/19/2008- Internist referred me to Eye Doctor and Rheumatologist.

#4 Candy

Candy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 04:27 AM

[quote name='raisin' date='Mar 12 2009, 06:13 AM' post='516982']
L Glutamine is available now, at most health stores and some grocery stores. Some celiacs swear by it. But it is not equivalent to taking Lactaid when your lactose intolerant - It does not make eating gluten okay, more like damage control.

Hereditary lactose intolerance is not GLUTEN INTOLERANCE , even though many Gluten Intolerant people also become Lactose Intolerant, probably due to changes in their intestine though not hereditary. Just eating LACTAID won't make you digest WHEAT, and most LACTOSE intolerant folks can eat wheat, but not milk sugar.

I wasn't born lactose intolerant, but have had episodes, after getting CeliacDisease, where cow's milk makes me sick. But Goat's milk is OK with me. I can do that all the time-I read, because its fat globules are much smaller than cow's and is easier to digest for people with intestinal diseases like Crohn's and also for babies. But goat's milk has lactose,about half as much as cows.

If you don't already know Celiac Disease is a fat-malabsorption disease,the fats in many foods make them sick like Omega-3, certain nuts, certain oils, coconut oil, even the fat in cow's milk might sicken them-and me. I said certain oils because each food item has it own oil,with it's own chemical makeup-you have to try it to see if it sickens you.

#5 TrillumHunter

TrillumHunter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:34 AM

The researchers concluded that live B. lactis bacteria might achieve partial to full blockage of gliadin toxicity gluten/gliadin-induced damage in the small-intestinal mucosa of people with celiac disease, and that it merits further study concerning its potential as a dietary supplement to guard against any silent damage associated with accidental gluten-contamination in celiac disease.

This article? It doesn't say a thing about being able to intentionally consume gluten. It says as a protection against accidental exposure.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: