4 replies to this topic

#1 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:34 AM

I am about 99% certain I will be moving to Birmingham later this year to start a new job. I would like to know how readily available gluten free foods are and where to buy them. I used to travel to Huntsville a lot with a previous job and liked it there a lot. Any gluten free requests were readily accomodated. It was when I asked to hold the salt is when I would get funny looks from people.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 MaryJones2

MaryJones2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

Check out this group: http://birminghamcel...paces.live.com/

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

#3 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hey my husband's company has a possible relocation job opening there. They moving package $$ is not nearly enough to cover the the loss we will have to take trying to sell our house here in MI. The ways things are going it still might be an option we have to consider. So let me know what you find out.
Laura
Michigan

#4 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:45 AM

Janetw - Thank you for the link.

Mommida - Michigan is an absolute disaster area right now and I don't see how this state will ever recover. It is going to end up becoming a low rent economic backwater. The only job opportunities I can find are in the South. I still have my current job and am only working every other week though. My brother was just told that his employer is leaving Michigan and he has a choice of Texas, South Carolina or unemployment by the end of April.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#5 birminghamceliac

birminghamceliac

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2009 - 07:42 AM

Janetw - Thank you for the link.

Mommida - Michigan is an absolute disaster area right now and I don't see how this state will ever recover. It is going to end up becoming a low rent economic backwater. The only job opportunities I can find are in the South. I still have my current job and am only working every other week though. My brother was just told that his employer is leaving Michigan and he has a choice of Texas, South Carolina or unemployment by the end of April.

Thanks to Janet for providing the link as well!

Hi - and we welcome you to Birmingham. There is lots of information on our blog at www.birminghamceliac.spaces.live.com to get you everywhere you can find gluten-free food here. We have a very active group, with monthly informational meetings, and gluten-free dinner club meetings.
I look forward to meeting you!
Rebecca - Director BCDSG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: