3 replies to this topic

#1 KarenCM

KarenCM

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 26 March 2005 - 09:17 AM

Does anyone have experience in Nanaimo, BC with eating at restaurants safely or where there are good places to shop gluten free. Thanks

Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 paj

paj

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:09 AM

No experience yet but I will be going to Nanaimo in the summer/fall so let me know what you find out. I was in Vancouver and Victoria last spring and the fairmont hotels in those cities have chefs that are unbeleivably knowledgeable and accommodating. These hotels stock gluten free bread as well.

paj

#3 KarenCM

KarenCM

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 03:18 PM

There is a Swiss Chalet there but all I ordered was a baked potato with Sour Cream. The service wasn't that great there although there was a huge group of us. Somebody called ahead and told them that there would be a big group of us so they should have put more staff on. On Swiss Chalet's website it does list the products that contain gluten.

Karen

#4 citygirl114

citygirl114

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 11:22 PM

Hi Karen I live in Nanaimo too and have found it very difficult to eat out. I will let you know if I find a good place to have a gluten free meal.
Just thought I should mention....before you eat sour cream you should check the ingredients. Some sour cream has gluten in it. I found an organic sour cream at Lifestyles in Victoria that has no additives and is not modified. Watch out for those ingredients that state they are modified. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: