No replies to this topic

#1 Tremara

Tremara

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2009 - 09:47 PM

Hi. I am both gluten intolerant and egg intolerant. This is probably a long shot, but is anyone familiar with being gluten-free in Cape Girardeau, MO? I will have to travel there on business and need to find ways to feed myself. I'm a little concerned about this because I will be working from 7 am until 7 pm, and I will not be able to leave to get food. That means I will have to either bring all my own food with me for lunch and dinner each day, or have food delivered. To me, this seems like a daunting task to have to feed myself like this for an entire week, especially because I will be staying in a motel room and won't have access to a home kitchen.

I have found one supermarket in the area that may carry gluten-free products, and I will be calling the store manager on Monday to see what they carry in the way of prepared foods like Amy's frozen meals. I guess I can plan to bring in things like yogurt, fruit, juice and some snacks. I am trying to avoid having to have a grilled chicken salad for lunch and dinner every night. I will try to scope out the restaurants for gluten-free food and what might be able to be delivered. Possibly I could purchase dinner items at night and then store in my motel refrigerator. I will be flying in, so I won't be able to bring a lot of things with me and will have to purchase everything when I get there.

If anybody has any knowledge of the area or additional ideas or suggestions, I would very much appreciate it.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: