Get email alerts Get E-mail Alerts Sponsor: Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE email alerts

Gf Social Groups For Adults

1 post in this topic

My husband and I are interested in meeting couples that are gluten-free. If you and/or your spouse is gluten-sensitive or gluten intolerant or has a wheat allergy we would like to meet you!

We are located near the tri-state line, NJ, PA, NY. Some of our interests are Sci-Fi , Comedy movies and Comedy shows, Computer talk, Watching Trading Spaces, Nature hikes/walks, new creative and tasty gluten-free recipes, Indian food, medium and large dog breeds.

We look forward to chatting with you and maybe meeting you in person.

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I have not taken him to a dermatologist. I have dapsone, which I put on the rash, it always clears up. I have it for another family member. But then I started reading about celiac and all these dots are out there but not connected.  The next time he has the bumps, I am going to take him in. In the mean time, I am trying to find a dermatologist who understands the condition. I don't want my kid to have celiac. And I kinda feel crazy for thinking he may have a gluten issue but with it in my family and him having these other things, I want to be dilligent.   i will read up on the test you suggested. Thanks for taking the time to read and respond everyone.   
    • I tested positive to deamidated gliadin in August at a hospital. My old GI tested me using gliadin (the test listed on your result) in September and it was negative. Literally the next day, my new GI tested for deamidated gliadin again and it was positive (I was unaware the hospital scheduled an appointment with the new GI for follow up).  If you still suspect it, Google deamidated gliadin, print out the Mayo clinic lab info and circle the part where it says they have discontinued the use of gliadin in favor of the deamidated gliadin.  Has he seen a dermatologist?
    • He has a rash on his fingers from time to time. Angular Chetelis. Mouth sores. So skinny. Anxious. 
    • The blood test results are negative (and he had the complete panel).  No GI issues (per your posting).  What makes you suspect celiac disease?  
    • Hi WS, So sorry to hear your not feeling quite right just yet. I can relate! I believe in doing whatever is needed for you to be able to come to terms with the diagnosis, which it sounds like was given to you already but if you still need further evidence then do whatever is needed!  In regards to food, I am a pescatarian so I also don't eat meat but I get my protein from some seafood, eggs, beans, natural protein replacements, exct...I was vegetarian and found it extremely difficult on the gluten-free diet for my lifestyle. I found probiotics have really helped me but even now I still feel off days with my digestion and I think that just comes with having a digestive disease. I know what foods trigger it (Yes gluten-free foods!) and try to stay away. I remember the first month or so I was very sick from removing gluten, almost like withdrawal symptoms. Probably because I ate a lot of it prior so it was a shock. 3 1/2 years later, I still feel weak and light headed if I don't eat enough carbs/protein. Celiacs are known to have deficiencies already so your nutrition intake/supplements are super important! I hope your able to find peace with your health and get the answers your looking for! Let us know an update -Cristina  IG: ifitceliac
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member