Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Wal-mart Has Their Gluten-free List Online Now!

8 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

Careful . . . I just noticed that the Utz pretzel rods were listed . . . oops.

They need to check their list...... They have the Amy's: Vegetable W/Organic Pasta & Vegetables Lasagna and this is what it said under ingredients:

No Gluten Ingredients

Keep Frozen

Lasagna Enjoy The Rich Flavor of This Italian Favorite. Amy's Vegetable Lasagna Is Made With Tender Organic Spinach and Zucchini, Sweet Organic Carrots, The Finest Organic Tomato Sauce and Lowfat Cheeses, Layered Between 100% Organic Pasta. Treat Yourself to T ...

Do you have questions about this product? Ask a question.

Ingredients

Organic Lasagna Pasta (Organic Semolina Flour, Organic Whole Wheat Flour, Water), Organic Tomato Puree, Filtered Water, Organic Zucchini, Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Organic Spinach, Organic Onions, Organic Carrots, Organic Ext ...

There is whole wheat flour right there!?!?

That list is crazy. What is Walmart thinking??? In addition to the previous posters gluten filled findings, they have listed Amy's chicken noodle soup as gluten free. One of the first ingredients is organic flour! Huh??? I hope Walmat fixes this list soon!

Or, just taking it down. Clearly listing their gluten ingredients is more effective than "lists."

Martin's On Waffles Cheese Sandwiches are also listed - first ingredient is gluten flour.

It is nice for checking what's at your local Wal-Mart. I had no idea our WM carried Pamela's Chocolate Chip cookies. So although I wouldn't use it as a tried and true gluten free list, it was a nice starting ground to find gluten free options I hadn't thought to look there for.

I don't shop at Walmart however I hope someone as notified them about the errors in their list. Its good that they are trying... in these economic times a lot of us can't afford Whole Foods or Trader Joe's but they need to get on the ball!

Susan

Has anyone contacted Walmart yet? I dont want to flood them with emails, at least they are trying.

When I was on the east coast the super walmart in West VA had all sorts of gluten free items, wish they had that out here in CA lol.