Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Wal-mart Has Their Gluten-free List Online Now!

• Please log in to reply

7 replies to this topic

#1 DallasJayhawk

DallasJayhawk

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

I was looking for something today, and I stumbled to an online list from Wal-mart about 706 gluten-free items available in the store! :rolleyes: Here is the link: http://www.walmart.c...value=709_Store

It has pictures and everything. It takes a while to print, :blink: but I think it is well worth it! :D

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Darn210

Darn210

Cookies!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,729 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 12:32 PM

Careful . . . I just noticed that the Utz pretzel rods were listed . . . oops.
Janet

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

Posted Image

#3 JustMe75

JustMe75

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 01:12 PM

They need to check their list...... They have the Amy's: Vegetable W/Organic Pasta & Vegetables Lasagna and this is what it said under ingredients:

No Gluten Ingredients
Keep Frozen
Lasagna Enjoy The Rich Flavor of This Italian Favorite. Amy's Vegetable Lasagna Is Made With Tender Organic Spinach and Zucchini, Sweet Organic Carrots, The Finest Organic Tomato Sauce and Lowfat Cheeses, Layered Between 100% Organic Pasta. Treat Yourself to T ...
Do you have questions about this product? Ask a question.

Ingredients
Organic Lasagna Pasta (Organic Semolina Flour, Organic Whole Wheat Flour, Water), Organic Tomato Puree, Filtered Water, Organic Zucchini, Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, Ricotta Cheese, Cottage Cheese, Organic Spinach, Organic Onions, Organic Carrots, Organic Ext ...

There is whole wheat flour right there!?!?

#4 Amyleigh0007

Amyleigh0007

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:26 PM

That list is crazy. What is Walmart thinking??? In addition to the previous posters gluten filled findings, they have listed Amy's chicken noodle soup as gluten free. One of the first ingredients is organic flour! Huh??? I hope Walmat fixes this list soon!
Amy

1989: I am diagnosed with IBS.
3/08: 8-year-old son diagnosed with Celiac (blood test and biopsy) and allergies to corn, egg whites, soy, peanuts, walnuts, wheat, and clam.
6/08: My Celiac test is negative.
7/08: I go completely gluten free despite negative test and NO MORE IBS SYMPTOMS!!
7/09: My Enterolab gluten sensitivity gene testing results indicate I have one Celiac gene and one gluten sensitivity gene.
8/09: I am diagnosed with Celiac based on gene testing results and positive response to diet.

#5 happygirl

happygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,942 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 04:28 PM

Or, just taking it down. Clearly listing their gluten ingredients is more effective than "lists."

#6 CeliacMom2008

CeliacMom2008

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 07:28 PM

Martin's On Waffles Cheese Sandwiches are also listed - first ingredient is gluten flour.

It is nice for checking what's at your local Wal-Mart. I had no idea our WM carried Pamela's Chocolate Chip cookies. So although I wouldn't use it as a tried and true gluten free list, it was a nice starting ground to find gluten free options I hadn't thought to look there for.

#7 pixiegirl

pixiegirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 02:17 AM

I don't shop at Walmart however I hope someone as notified them about the errors in their list. Its good that they are trying... in these economic times a lot of us can't afford Whole Foods or Trader Joe's but they need to get on the ball!

Susan

#8 msmini14

msmini14

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 07:48 AM

Has anyone contacted Walmart yet? I dont want to flood them with emails, at least they are trying.
When I was on the east coast the super walmart in West VA had all sorts of gluten free items, wish they had that out here in CA lol.

Gluten Free going on 5 years and counting!

gluten-free is a life change and not a diet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: