No replies to this topic

#1 wildones

wildones

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 09:53 PM

I have 7-1/2 yr old triplets, two of whom have either confirmed or suspected celiac disease. One of the boys also has short bowel syndrome-he had 70%+ of his small intestines removed, his ileocecal valve removed and part of his colon removed. He already has extremely challenging nutrition needs w/ short gut. Adding a gluten free diet to the challenges he faces is REALLY overwhelming to me right now. He has been gluten free for @ 7 months and has improved greatly as far as pain/nausea/constipation goes. Celiac patients can be CONSTIPATED and not just have diarrhea. I think in a strange way the celiac (constipation) helped his short bowel symptoms.
Does anyone else have a child with other signifigant nutrition challenges besides celiac ?

I posted 2 similar posts because I didn't see where the first one showed up :huh: I realized that I had posted once it had been 7 months, and the next time 9 months of being gluten free for my son. Both my sons are now gluten free, one for 2 months longer.
I am easily confused sometimes, due to severe sleep deprivation for over 7 yrs :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: