- - - - -

Let's Write Dr. House

• Please log in to reply

33 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:46 PM

I wonder how many times "House" can misdiagnose a celiac disease patient??? :lol:
Any takers on a letter writing campaign to see if they'll do an episode on our lovely affliction??

I'm sure with over 200 symptoms and side effects they ought to be able to write some interesting script! Hey the first fatality I've seen on the show was from Rabies! :blink: I'm a huge fan and I know it's growing in popularity!

I nominate celiac3270 and Kaiti for the form letter, and we can all add our own personal experience to it! :D See, I'm the idea person here... then I like to delegate! :lol: Seriously though, I think it would be very interesting to see! B)

Thoughts...???

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 01:51 PM

Aack celiac3270!! You just bumped me off the front page!! :angry: :lol:

#3 MySuicidalTurtle

MySuicidalTurtle

"Like a rolling stone?"

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:15 PM

. . .the same could be said forany hospital show.

So, you want to send a letter to them asking for a thing on Celiacs?

I'd be afraid they would mess up and say some misconception.

#4 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:00 PM

I think it's a challenging enough disease in itself that they would do a fairly good job of it. It would certainly be interesting! :P

#5 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:11 PM

hhmm sounds interesting...I like it :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#6 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:15 PM

Kaiti ... does that mean you'll help do a form letter? :rolleyes: :)

#7 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 06:18 PM

Yep of course I'll help...how can I say no to that B)
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

#8 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2005 - 07:25 PM

I love Dr House!!!! That would be a good idea for a show!!! LOL

#9 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:44 AM

We could also encourage the writers to research this board, even do a poll such as some of the many researchers have done!

The whole premise of the show is at least three mis-diagnosis'... :blink: how many celiac disease patients go on and on being told they have everything under the sun before they find it's celiac disease?? :angry:

The drama of course would have to come from the extreme, immediately life threatening situations such as those who pass out from doing a gluten challenge, or have extreme cases of DH...

Since I am relatively symptom free, it would be good for those who have extreme symptoms to give some input!

Let's hear some ideas! :D

#10 Guest_nini_*

Guest_nini_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 03:49 AM

how about the time I went to the emergency room thinking I was having a heart attack, and while I was there I couldn't stop vomiting !!!!!! fun fun fun!!! Of course they determined I wasn't having a heart attack, but since they didn't suspect celiac they said I just had a stomach virus and the "heart" pain was just "anxiety"

this was about 6 months before my diagnosis of celiac.

#11 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:31 AM

Not to make light of what must have been an extremely distressing experience... :( BUT that is exactly what we're looking for! :D Maybe they'd even do a "casting call" on the board! :lol:

#12 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:32 AM

what about someone who has gluten "shock" and doesn't realize they have celiac and goes to the ER a few times and and then the common factor is eating something with gluten and a doctor picks up on it and orders tests done and it turns out they are celiac and then he explains it.....ok I have never seen this show so I may be way off on my idea but just a thought. :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Arkansas

"One Nation, Under God"

#13 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:54 AM

Oh Kaiti, you have to see it! :lol: House is the kind of Dr. real Dr.'s love to hate, he starts treatment before he's got a conclusive diagnosis, and then when the patient almost dies (or worse! :blink: ) then he looks for something else! There's a lot of humor, sarcasm and drama in the show!

Btw, glad you just posted again, I noticed the last post was #666! :blink: :lol:

#14 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 04:59 AM

sounds like an awesome show...let me know what ideas you come up with and maybe celiac3270(if he wants to) and I can help with the letter :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Arkansas

"One Nation, Under God"

#15 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:11 AM

what about someone who goes to the ER for a supposed heart attack and is given medication for that(only to contain gluten) then the person reacts and they dont know whats wrong......im brainstorming here so don't mind me lol

and yeah maybe I'll get to 1000 posts soon :blink: :lol:
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Arkansas

"One Nation, Under God"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: