• Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:13 AM

See more about House here! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2005 - 05:17 AM

Hmmm, just found this on the Fox website...

11. I have written a script for my favorite FOX show. Where can I send it?

ANSWER:
Keep on writing.....the more you write the better you will get !!

But....
Do not send in ideas or scripts to FOX or to the show unless it is through an accredited agent. ALL unsolicited ideas and scripts are left unopened and are THROWN AWAY. This is for YOUR protection.

You can get a list of agents who are willing to look at new writers from the Writers Guild of America West (located in LA).

Anyone know of any "accredited agents"?? <_<

#18 Twister2

Twister2

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 08:45 AM

Ohh this is a GREAT idea! I love this show! Keep us posted on what happens!

Twister2
Antibody positive, diagnosed October 2004.
Mother and two sisters with Celiacs also
Edmond, Oklahoma

#19 Ruth

Ruth

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:28 PM

Not as dramatic... but how about being told for months/years that the extreme tiredness, dizziness, weight loss, chest pains, muscle pains etc were because "You're a mom with three young kids so of course your tired all the time" and "you're running around with young kids so you're losing weight" and "fibromyalgia, it'll never go away"
UGH!!!
I was often met with the "if you look good, you can't be sick" mentality. Might be interesting to show society's twisted sense that if your skinny it's all good... doesn't matter how you feel.
Until of course you're really sick... Dr. House to the rescue!
Ruth
Diagnosed 3/03 (Positive Biopsy/Negative Blood Tests)
Daughter dx 12/03 (Positive biopsy/Positive blood tests);
Two sons (Negative blood tests); One on gluten-free diet (6/04) ... cured his persistent, severe headaches.

#20 Rikki Tikki

Rikki Tikki

Tavi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 03 April 2005 - 12:54 PM

I think you might be onto something there Kaiti! I think it would be a brilliant idea!
Sally :D
Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"
"blood work show's a disease called celiac,
but it can't be that because it's rare!"
Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac
offering support, my
experience and advice

#21 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:04 AM

what about someone who has gluten "shock" and doesn't realize they have celiac and goes to the ER a few times and and then the common factor is eating something with gluten and a doctor picks up on it and orders tests done and it turns out they are celiac and then he explains it.....ok I have never seen this show so I may be way off on my idea but just a thought.

That sounds great, and maybe the person getting sick could be a rebellious teenager who refuses to eat gluten free and then they get so sick they have no choice? Then the person starts the gluten-free diet and gets better!
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#22 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:39 AM

Good point...and that's a very real problem that parents often have w/ celiac teens ;)

#23 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 09:13 AM

yeah I think they could make a pretty awesome show with that...I'm going to call around and see if I cen get any help to get a script or something presented to them...until then what do you all want to do about it?
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#24 Rikki Tikki

Rikki Tikki

Tavi

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

Well, let's start the script!
Nostaglia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days!!!!

" 15 years of it's stress!"
"blood work show's a disease called celiac,
but it can't be that because it's rare!"
Diagnosed via blood and biopsy 2003

Not a medical professional just a silly celiac
offering support, my
experience and advice

#25 cdford

cdford

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:14 PM

Anybody remember the show "Doc" on PAX? They did a show of a teenager who was diagnosed with an eating disorder even though she kept trying to tell everybody (including Dr. Cassidy) that she was not trying to make herself throw up. She finally retreated in tears in the hospital bed. Doc Cassidy decided to listen to her and "check out just one more thing if it is okay with you". Viola! Celiac disease was diagnosed. It is the only time I have ever seen it on a TV doctor show, but it was great. My daughter and I almost cried watching it all happen. We had it figured even if nobody else did.

House would have a great time with my story...extreme weakness, loss of memory so bad I could only remember my husband's social security number (not his or my kid's names), loss of use of my left side, V and D, migraine headaches, muscle pain and spasicity, osteopenia, female problems to the extreme, and so on. It took tens of doctors decades to figure it out, only to have them deck the sides of their heads and go "Duh!" when it was finally diagnosed.
Donna
South Georgia
9 yrs gluten-free
...also DH, fibromyalgia, neuropathy, osteopenia, hypothyroid...

After almost 10 years, I am doing soooo much better!

#26 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:05 AM

Some very good stuff happening here, however as I mentioned earlier, we do need an "accredited agent" to even get the script in the door at FOX! :( Kaiti have you had any luck?

#27 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:28 AM

I think I am going to be able to get something....I still have to call a bit and explain the situation.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#28 Guest_Leidenschaft_*

Guest_Leidenschaft_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 04:43 AM

Awesome! :D You're the GIRL!! :lol:
Keep us posted!

Anyone who hasn't seen the show "House", it's on tonight! (Tuesday!) on FOX... check you're local listing. I'm Atlantic Time and it's usually on (satelite) at 10:00 PM! :blink: Has me very tired at 5:30 AM on Wednesday, but it's worth it! :lol:

#29 Guest_Viola_*

Guest_Viola_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:24 AM

Oh good, will have to catch the show tonight :P After I finished painting the sign I promised to do for the golf course :rolleyes:
You have to remember when you're writing the script, is that quite a few Celiacs become bleeders with the disease ... none of the right blood clotting vitamins. My poor hubby was accused twice of beating his wife because I was always covered in bruises :o :lol:

#30 watkinson

watkinson

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:48 AM

This idea is so cool. :D
Last night I was watching a show called (I think) 'medical mysteries'. True story about a man who kept ending up in the emergency room doubled over with excruciating stomache pain, tingling in his arms and legs numbness in his hands and feet, extremem fatigue, loss of memory, blurred vision. I can't remember what else. (symptoms sound familiar?) <_< I sat there in my family room practically crying watching this actor doing a reinactment of the tortorous stomache pains, remembering how I felt. I was mesmorized by the show, I just knew it was going to turn out to be celiacs. The ER doctors could never figure out what it was, they diagnosed him with lung cancer, did tons of tests, the whole gammit. Meanwhile this man is wasting away and obviously dying. It turns out that the patient figures it out for himself, (of course) he was being poisoned by a business partner, with arsenic, mercury, and lead.
I found it very interesting that he had to figure out the diagnosis himslf and that although he was literally being poisoned with toxic substances that many of his symptoms were just like having celiacs. HMMM...after all... we are being "poisoned" by gluten.
I would love to see the Dr. House show do a celiacs segment, I would definately make sure they know what they are talking about though. I wouldn't want them to mess it up like they did when someone came in complaining of fibromyalgia symptoms and House humiliated the guy by making it look like he was a nutcase. Like it was all in his head. <_< :angry: good luck
Wendy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: