6 replies to this topic

#1 itri

itri

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 08:57 AM

going on a cruise this fall...wondering how to deal with eating gluten free. i do not have celiac disease..but an intolerance.
thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jesse'sGirl

Jesse'sGirl

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:03 PM

going on a cruise this fall...wondering how to deal with eating gluten free. i do not have celiac disease..but an intolerance.
thanks

i just booked a cruise for my honeymoon and you need to let the cruise line know that you have dietary restrictions and they will be more then happy to help you.

#3 moving on

moving on

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 12:53 PM

Each line handles special diets differently. Which line are you considering? Check the lines website for special diets, some lines require notification 90 days in advance.

#4 Rutharin

Rutharin

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:08 PM

Hello everyone... I am seeking information on cruising. My sil has celiac's and we are trying to plan a family vacation. Could you all tell me what cruiselines you have been on and/or how the food was for you? Thanks!

#5 mindwiped

mindwiped

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:02 PM

DH and I did Carnival, and it was OK. The food was fine, but we're married w/o kids, and the entire ship was a childcare madhouse, as this is the most affordable cruise line. Next month we're going on Royal Carribean, and we've talked to them about DH's diet, they can handle his Celiac's, but don't have a box to check for my dairy allergy, so I maybe really bloated and migraine prone. Hopefully after I get there, I'll be able to get more info about dairy.

ETA- whoops, meant we're going on Norwegian, not Royal Carribean.
"When I'm worried and I can't sleep/I count my blessings instead of sheep/And I fall asleep counting my blessings"- Bing Crosby, White Christmas

#6 Crystalkd

Crystalkd

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 06:41 AM

I went on a cruise using Royal Carribean last year. Our travel agent screwed up and didn't make it clear that I needed a gluten-free diet but it was handeled VERY WELL once I got on board. The food was great and if there was nothing on the menu or even desert menu that I could eat they would make something special. They even had gluten-free bread sitting on our table when we went to dinner. It was really cool. I had to eat all my meals in the dinnimg room but they handled it very well!!

#7 Rutharin

Rutharin

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:16 PM

Well... we are looking at Carnival... but I guess I now fit in there because I have a little one. My hubby and I went on a RC cruise two years ago and it was great. (We didn't have to deal with any food restrictions, though). We vaca in September (we like this time because of all the kids in school and it is too soon for school breaks, so not kiddy central). There were a few kids but not like it could have been.

Thank you all for your opinions. If anyone has any other thoughts, please share!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: