2 replies to this topic

#1 gfpagan

gfpagan

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:54 PM

I emailed Portillo's restaurant after seeing on here that the beef was gluten free. We go there a lot with a club we are involved with and got this reply:

Dear Erin,

Thank you for your inquiry about ingredient information relating to gluten intolerance. We are aware of the various dietary restrictions many of our guests have, however, we do not have nutritional or ingredient information available at this time. While we do personally manufacture many of our products, we do not control the production of many items that are supplied by a variety of purveyors. We are also subject to substitutions which would vary our nutritional/ingredient information sometimes twice in the same week. Because we do not know the degree of severity of any food intolerances our guests may have, nor the consequences of any adverse reactions, we would be hesitant to advise that the prohibitive ingredient(s) are not present and that the person with the intolerance would be 100% free from ingesting any form of it. Thank You for the opportunity to explain.

Sincerely,

Kerry L. Martin

Guest Services

The Portillo Restaurant Group

2001 Spring Road, Suite 500

Oak Brook, IL 60523

(630) 954-3773 Ph.

(630) 684-0414 Fax

www.portillos.com
~Erin~
gluten free since 4/13/2009

Getting married 5/1/2010

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ChickensDon'tClap

ChickensDon'tClap

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

That's a bummer! I am going to Chicago next month and was looking forward to trying Portillo's. Guess I'll go back to Adobo Grill!
Valerie

#3 digmom1014

digmom1014

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:49 PM

I had the beef in a cup in Dec. and had no ill effects. However, I am not super-sensitive.
Sarah

"What comes around, goes around"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: