This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

The G-free Diet Elisabeth Hasselbeck

northernsunshine

northernsunshine Newbie

FYI. Just found about this yesterday and have ordered out of solidarity.

Open Original Shared Link

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

abbysmom Rookie

Just finished reading it yesterday! I really enjoyed it, she is very honest and open. There is a list of resources and brand websites that was nice. The back cover says "Elisabeth Hasselbeck brings gluten-free living into the spotlight as the next big movement in health and wellness". It's nice to have someone in the "spotlight" being vocal for celiac!

glutenfreemaryland Newbie

The gluten-free Diet released early and I skimmed through it tonight at Barnes and Noble. Seems like it is mainly for the newly diagnosed. In the online resouces, she listed one gluten free forum as www.glutenfreeforum.com, which leads you to this website! She says she reads this forum.

Sweetfudge Community Regular

interesting. i'm glad to hear it's decent. i might have to order it from amazon :)

Liveenjoylife Apprentice

Wow, I didn't know she had a problem with gluten! She never talked about it on the View. I am so going to get her book. Thanks for the link, otherwise I would have never of known. :D

happygirl Collaborator
She says she reads this forum.

:D

Silly Yak Pete Rookie

It shows you that even the rich and famous are just people to. I might get that book to.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

BestChum Newbie

Just bought the book from Barnes and Noble!

TearzaRose Explorer

I saw her on Good Morning America this morning as I was flippin' through the channels!

YAY!!!

She admitted that she, too, self-diagnosed and was then confirmed by a doctor.

I'll definitely check out her book.

happygirl Collaborator

The View did a segment on Celiac today, as well.

jerseyangel Proficient
The View did a segment on Celiac today, as well.

Saw it and had a smile on my face all the way through. :D

HouseKat Apprentice
Wow, I didn't know she had a problem with gluten! She never talked about it on the View. I am so going to get her book. Thanks for the link, otherwise I would have never of known. :D

I don't watch The View regularly, but I've seen her mention it on there, most often during food segments. For instance, one time Whoopi was doing a segment about new food products and one thing was a gluten-free pizza. Elisabeth heard "gluten-free", swooped in from stage left, grabbed up the plate and ran off with it. I fell out!

Kate

happygirl Collaborator

Write up about today's segment: Open Original Shared Link

You can also watch a clip from the show, or the whole show, on their website: Open Original Shared Link

GottaSki Mentor

I had a few friends call me with the news of this book...a couple of the folks that called me were the type that didn't really understand that I have an actual disease and didn't just decide to try eating gluten-free to see if I get better.

Way to go Elisabeth Hasselbeck! Thanks for getting the word out. :D

beanpot Apprentice

I saw the Good Morning America segment and really like the way EH explained things. She was brief but clear.

cas has MMMhope Newbie

I saw an interview last night on Acess Hollywood, with her talking about the book. I went and picked it up today, still being new to celiac disease (found out in Jan.). The chapter about make up was a big seller.

leadmeastray88 Contributor

My copy just got delivered to my house yesterday, and I poured over it for about an hour. It really is quite similar to Dr. Peter Green's Celiac: A Hidden Epidemic, probably because he helped :) But it's nice to have a personal spin on it though, and the added sections on makeup and tips on going out, dinner parties, etc.

Overall, I think it's a keeper! Atleast it's capturing the public's interest!

happygirl Collaborator

A friend sent me this review:

Open Original Shared Link

gaingus Rookie

I picked up the book last week and was happy to read it. I love that it was written in plain language, I have been diagnosed for about a year and still didn't understand half of what was being explained in other books. I related to her stories and about her self diagnosing. I hadn't felt well in a long time, I was tired of hearing every excuse under the sun for my stomach and skin problems. I would recommend this book to anyone out there no matter how long they have been diagnosed.

happygirl Collaborator

Transcript from a recent appearance: Open Original Shared Link

• 2 weeks later...
sueintexas Newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm new here to this forum and just getting around to really studying up on Celiac and gluten free after finding out I'm highly allergic to wheat/gluten/barley/rye in 2005. I was in DENIAL for years and very stubborn like Elisabeth Hasselbeck talks about in her new book!

My chiropractor/naturapathic doc finally said that if I do not stop eating gluten I was gonna die! So I started to really try and stop eating it and thought I was doing great.

Thing is Gluten is in EVERYTHING!!!! hahaha! It is in many of the health products too that I have been taking for years so it's no wonder I'm so sick! I thought I was doing something good for my health and turns out it's hidden and sneaky and there's a big reason for it too. Not going to go into that here.

Suffice it to say I recently found out about Hasselbeck's book when she was on CNN and I ran right to my computer and ordered it on (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned)

Glad I did too because this book is saving my life ladies and gentleman! No joke!

The list of health issues I have related to gluten (which is actually been poison to my body for YEARS!) is numerous!

Thyroid issues, joint and pain issues, muscle cramping, severe skin itching and break outs around my arms, knees and buttocks like Elisabeth says in the book, IBS irritable bowel, swollen eye lids, sores in mouth, and on and on!

I'm finally drug free and taking all natural medicines for my thyroid and everything I'm taking is gluten and wheat free from my chiropractors. They do blood work every 4 to 6 weeks to keep tabs on that issue.

Now I'm helping to spread the word about this issue because 1 in 133 have it and 97% or so do not even know! Most people have not even heard of it yet they suffer from these other health issues given another diagnosis so drugs can be prescribed.

There's no drug for Celiac or gluten insensitivity. It's all diet related so no research is going to be done by the drug companies! It's quite frustrating and up to US to get the word out and people like Elisabeth Hasselbeck are helping to do so in a big way!

So spread the word about her book. I'm working on a blog and Squiddo lens too and posting information on my personal website and on a mission!

Yes of course it's more expensive to eat more healthy and buying gluten-free is also more expensive but hey what is your health worth to you? We cannot do a whole lot without it including making a living!!!

Look at people like Farrah Fawcett? She's got millions and she's dying of cancer! One of her great loves has been BAKING!

Best to you all in living gluten free!

Sue

sueintexas Newbie

Please forgive me for posting that message with my website in the sig line. I have been online working from home for twelve years and just so used to putting in a sig line with my personal website that's habit! haha!

Just received a personal message here from someone and not sure where to find personal messages but see he or she has already removed the website link. I will remove it in my sig

line.

Appreciate the heads up! Just wanting to spread the word about Living Gluten Free to as many people as we can so that more and more options are open to us all! It's frustraing out there living with this and people shaking their heads with that puzzled look on their face saying what's GLUTEN??? Especially when going out to eat!!!

Lisa Mentor

Welcome Sue!

Random-Guy Newbie

i'm absolutely dumbfounded that this book is #4 on the ny times best seller list (hardcover advice category)

i think the publicity is GREAT!

the more people who are aware of this, the better i can eat!!

i still don't understand why so many people are buying it, but no matter - i'm psyched

(and waiting for my mom to finish reading it before i start it)

thank you Elizabeth! thank you! thank you! thank you!!!

( I know you (or your people) are reading this)

Archived