9 replies to this topic

#1 sparklette

sparklette

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:55 PM

Could this be a sign of a gluten or wheat intolerance?
I get small pimple sized blisters inside the bottom lip, full of what appears to be a clear fluid, gradually appear and then disapper over a 24 hour period.

I have noticed they appear after eating white bread. I am not sure if it is a coincidence or not???

I googled mouth blisters and celiac and found posts mainly about blood blisters and ulcers. Has anyone got these small clear blisters? Any ideas?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Sweetfudge

Sweetfudge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 07:58 PM

I have gotten these since I was a kid. I don't know what causes them, but I don't think it is necessarily gluten related. My husband gets them alot as well.
Sweetfudge

Born and raised in Portland, OR; Currently living in Provo, UT
Gluten-free since June 2006
Also living with Hypoglycemia since 1991
Dairy-free for good since summer 2008
Started IBS diet and probiotics at GI's recommendation - Fall 2008
Also avoiding: potatoes, beans, crucifers, popcorn, most red meat, coconut milk :(
Started eating a Paleo diet Spring 2011. Love it!

The grass is always greener where you water it.

#3 Mrs. Smith

Mrs. Smith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 08:26 PM

It is funny that you posted this. I woke up this morning with one! I was like what the heck is this? I thought maybe I was biting my cheeks or something. I dont know what they are from. I googled them and people mostly said they were nothing. Since going gluten free Ive had some weird symptoms. I never had a skin rash until gluten-free and Ive had cold sores but I dont remember having blisters in my mouth. Maybe its a digestive issue. Anyone know?
Gluten free since 01/09
Dairy free since 02/09
Citrus/Citric acid free recently.
Infertility/miscarriage
Neuropathy and Muscle pain...now resolved!
Digestive issues since teens
Dad has Diverticulitus and IBS

"Its a long road, but a journey worth taking."

#4 eringopaint

eringopaint

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 06:44 AM

I used to get them and also canker sores on gums and inside cheeks - but they all disappeared when I went gluten free.
My brother had the same experience - and they only come back if we eat gluten.
erin rogers pickering

#5 Angelnoir1111

Angelnoir1111

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 09:32 PM

Actually, when we(celiacs) eat gluten, we get mal-absorption/ mal-nutrition which is what causes the mouth and tongue sores, blisters, rashes breakouts, headaches, diarrhea(we all know), easy bruising, hair loss, muscle loss, itching and can slow the healing of cuts . These are also the symptoms of mal-nutrition/ mal-absorption For me, it only takes a very small drop of gluten. I will be sick for 3-4 weeks and very very tired. This is what a lot of us experience. Having gluten can also lower our resistance to the flu and colds. I know a lot of you know this but there are a few that don't so i thought I'd let them know.

I hope this helps :)

#6 samcarter

samcarter

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 06:12 AM

I get one of those, on the roof of my mouth (soft palate) about once a month. I haven't bothered to keep track of whether it is caused by anything, though. It pops up in the same place every time. i just pop it and go on with my day.
Negative EMA test 8/08
Gluten free 8/08
Positive response to dietary change
Dairy free 3/09
Citrus free 5/09
Allergies: bananas, apples, green beans, mold.

#7 digmom1014

digmom1014

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:25 AM

I agree, I just pop it with a sterilized pin. I know it might not be the best thing but, chewing on it and rubbing my tongue over it aren't good either. My dentist once told me they are trapped saliva bubles. I had an infected saliva gland once, under my tongue and it felt a lot like these bubbles.
Sarah

"What comes around, goes around"

#8 mamswami

mamswami

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:06 AM

I just read an article that said that mouth sores can be a sign of gluten sensitivity. I found this post because I just got a mouth sore randomly after I ate a corn tortilla processed in a factory that also uses wheat. (Forgot to read the label... :huh: )

Mine was not a bubble. It was more like a white pit, cavern or depression - surrounded by red inflammation. I think I have had the bubble variety too. But there is no way to pop this one, and it has been seriously painful for the past several days. Hoping it will go away soon. (And very sad that I can't eat my favorite brand's corn tortillas.)

I guess it could be something else I ate as well, but the reaction was pretty immediate after eating said tortilla.

#9 BJKRagz

BJKRagz

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

Same thing happened to me yesterday. I am usually gluten free but thought maybe once won't matter. So I ate something with gluten and today I have tiny clear blisters in my cheek. They don't pop either.

#10 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

I haven't gotten glutened, but for the past couple of weeks I've been getting them too. I get the canker sores on my gums, and the blisters on the roof of my mouth. I'm not sure, but I THINK it might be because I have been eating more ice cream lately. I have lost so much weight and am still losing, I thought if I ate more ice cream I could stay at my current weight which is exactly where I want to be. Bad idea I guess. I'm going to go off ice cream for a few weeks and see if they go away.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: