Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Diarrhea After Sublingual B12?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone ever had this experience?

I bought some Sublingual B12 from New Beginnings Nutritionals (http://www.nbnus.net/shopexd.asp?id=338), 1-2 hours after taking the recommended dosage I got diarrhea. Thought it might be an odd coincidence, so I tried again the next day (with a smaller dosage), the same thing happened (with a somewhat smaller reaction).

I find this sorta odd, seeing as the only ingredients listed are the b12 itself, purified water, citric acid and potassium sorbate.

I never had a problem with citric acid and I can't seem to find anything that says potassium sorbate could cause any problems.

The label clearly states that the product contains NO yeast, gluten, soy, milk/dairy, corn, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial coloring, preservatives or flavorling.

The only thing I could IMAGINE is that it somehow contains eggs, could the b12 itself be extracted from eggs?

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Ads by Google:
Anyone ever had this experience?

I bought some Sublingual B12 from New Beginnings Nutritionals (http://www.nbnus.net/shopexd.asp?id=338), 1-2 hours after taking the recommended dosage I got diarrhea. Thought it might be an odd coincidence, so I tried again the next day (with a smaller dosage), the same thing happened (with a somewhat smaller reaction).

I find this sorta odd, seeing as the only ingredients listed are the b12 itself, purified water, citric acid and potassium sorbate.

I never had a problem with citric acid and I can't seem to find anything that says potassium sorbate could cause any problems.

The label clearly states that the product contains NO yeast, gluten, soy, milk/dairy, corn, sodium, sugar, starch, artificial coloring, preservatives or flavorling.

The only thing I could IMAGINE is that it somehow contains eggs, could the b12 itself be extracted from eggs?

Please help! Thanks in advance!

I have problems with sorbitol too--as do many others.

Bea

I had problems with a B12 sublingual too, only it contained Mannitol, but I tested myself with Mannitol alone and had no problem. My side effect was an acne-like all over my face :(

I have that problem, too, Sweetie.

I gave my Mom my sublinguals and found completely different CHEWABLE b12's @ my local health food store.

GOOD LUCK!!! B)

lovelove

I have problems with sorbitol too--as do many others.

Bea

But it doesnt contain sorbitol..

I have that problem, too, Sweetie.

I gave my Mom my sublinguals and found completely different CHEWABLE b12's @ my local health food store.

GOOD LUCK!!! B)

lovelove

Do you remember what the ingredients were?

Do you react to corn? Often times, citric acid is made from corn. I wouldn't be surprised if they can still claim it has no corn, though I'm not sure of course.

I wonder if you might do better with a lozenge rather than a liquid. The only one I know of without sugar-alcohols is made by Natural Factors. However, it has lactose, so obviously not for everyone. The UPC code is: 068958012421.

Do you react to corn? Often times, citric acid is made from corn. I wouldn't be surprised if they can still claim it has no corn, though I'm not sure of course.

I wonder if you might do better with a lozenge rather than a liquid. The only one I know of without sugar-alcohols is made by Natural Factors. However, it has lactose, so obviously not for everyone. The UPC code is: 068958012421.

I do not react to corn

Hiya Blondie!! :)

The health food store I go to 1: one of the owner's has Celiac and 2:his wife has Adrenal Exhaustion from taking care of him for years...

so they are very supportive & their own house brand is celiac friendly

"chewable" b12 ingredient list:

cellulose, stearic acid, natural lemon flavor, magnesium stearate, silicone dioxide

hope this helps!

lovelove