48 replies to this topic

#31 Kamma

Kamma

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 10:58 AM

Pain under control now, kristenleoh?  Life is always a lot more tolerable when you don't have a jack hammer in your head. 

Fantastic you don't have hypothryroidism.  Cross that one off your list!  :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 04:00 AM

Pain under control now, kristenleoh?  Life is always a lot more tolerable when you don't have a jack hammer in your head. 

Fantastic you don't have hypothryroidism.  Cross that one off your list!  :)

Yeah, I'm just back to my normal daily pain off and on instead of constant. Close to constant, but not totally, lol. And yeah, it's nice to know there is SOMETHING normal about me, haha. :P

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

#33 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:19 PM

So! Just got home from my surgery consult and they are getting me in on Tuesday for the surgery! Holy crap!! Freaking out!!

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#34 Kamma

Kamma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yup, I'd be freaking out too.

Which procedure are they going to use?

#35 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Going through my nose, through my sinus.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#36 GottaSki

GottaSki

"The past is the past...I've got places to be."

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 09:23 PM

Praying for your surgeon's hands to bring healing -- and had to post so you could see I finally took a photo of my blue toes!

PS...Shelby is sporting a pink ribbon in honor of Kristen along with the green striped (my favorite color) -- but the pink got cropped in the profile pic thingy

-Lisa

Undiagnosed Celiac Disease ~ 43 years

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

Get PROPERLY tested BEFORE REMOVING GLUTEN.

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

"LTES" a Gem :)

#37 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Praying for your surgeon's hands to bring healing -- and had to post so you could see I finally took a photo of my blue toes!

PS...Shelby is sporting a pink ribbon in honor of Kristen along with the green striped (my favorite color) -- but the pink got cropped in the profile pic thingy

Aww!! Super cute! I still have my toes blue and will be doing my nails blue on Sunday as well, for extra healing :)

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#38 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 08:43 AM

Good Luck Kristen!!!

Fresh blue fingers and toes here -- plus a cobalt blue sparkly ribbon on both my kitty and dog :)

-Lisa

3/26/09 gluten-free - dignosed celiac - blood 3/3/09, biopsy 3/26/09, double DQ2 / single DQ8 positive

10/25/13 - MCAD

Health history since celiac diagnosis became too long -- moved to the "about me" section of my profile

My children and I all have multiple copies of the genes for Celiac Disease, along with large variety of symptoms/resolution gluten-free

Current tally from me, three kids and two grands: 4 diagnosed with Celiac Disease, 2 NCGS

ALWAYS independently research health related information found on internet forums/blogs.

#39 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:36 PM

Good Luck Kristen!!!

Fresh blue fingers and toes here -- plus a cobalt blue sparkly ribbon on both my kitty and dog :)

Aw! Thanks! Check in is at 11:30am tomorrow. Getting ready to say "eff you tumor! you're getting your butt yanked out!!" :P

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#40 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

Bye Bye tumor!

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#41 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

So, I'm back home from the hospital. The surgeon was able to get all of the tumor, despite my unusual amount of blood which made it harder to see. He was able to preserve about 80% of my gland and my prolactin went from a level of 60 (three times the normal) and down to 2! I look pretty beat up right now. Bruises under my eyes and the surgeon got a few chunks of my nose off (which I'm REALLY pissed about and hoping it heals back okay). I'm still heavily medicated as I am having a hard time with the post surgical pain and nausea. Nose keeps bleeding like CRAZY when I bend forward slightly and insanely congested with icky blood clots, but I'm hanging in there. Thank you ALL for all the well wishes and being there for me. It has meant more than you will ever know to me :) 

<3

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#42 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:53 PM

Ok...sucky for now, but so thankful to hear your blob is gone! And the numbers are great, right?

Rest up - the racoon look will fade - thanks for the update :)

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

#43 Kamma

Kamma

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 10 April 2013 - 07:30 PM

That's fantastic that he was able to preserve 80% of the pituitary.  Seriously, you must be ecstatic about that.  

Glad you came out of this relatively okay.  The black eyes will fade and the nose will grow back (somehow that sounds like Pinochio) and you'll move onwards to a more fulfilling life sans the pain and wacked out hormonal stuff.

#44 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

Well, looks like I am already having my first complication with the surgery. Was diagnosed with Diabetes Insipidus, so I have to start a new hormone treatment ASAP and keep a VERY close eye on my sodium/electrolyte levels. Awesome.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#45 GottaSki

GottaSki

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:51 AM

Sorry Girlie--

Is this from surgery or your body adjusting to your pituitary getting back to functioning without "Blob"?

Hang in there -- you had major - um -- MAJOR surgery on Tuesday -- it will take some time to heal -- rest up!

-Lisa

10/25/13 - MCAD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: