3 replies to this topic

#1 Pennyb

Pennyb

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 07:36 AM

The local store carries Wilderness Brand Cherry Pie Filling. I can't find any ingredient information on their website, does anyone know if this is safe to use?

Penny

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mlstuff

mlstuff

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:23 PM

Walmart's online site lists the ingredients - http://www.walmart.c...uct_id=10308042

It looks ok. Of course, you'll want to double check the ingredients when you buy it.

If you have a Wal Mart near you, you might check out their store brand pie fillings ("Great Value" brand). Last time I bought some it was clearly marked Gluten Free. Their web page also lists it as gluten free - http://www.walmart.c...uct_id=10314928

#3 MaryJones2

MaryJones2

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 01:19 PM

I don't know about Wilderness but all Comstock pie fillings are gluten-free. I think they are both made by Bird's Eye so I'd assume it was safe unless there was something suspicious on the ingredient list.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

#4 brigala

brigala

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 09:03 PM

I emailed them in Sept. 2007, and at that time all of their fruit pie fillings were gluten-free. And yes, they were made by Bird's Eye.

Of course, things change, so it might not hurt to check with them again. In the meantime, I use the Wilderness pie fillings regularly. I'm not super-sensitive, though, so just because I haven't had a problem doesn't necessarily mean a whole lot.

-Elizabeth

gluten-free since mid-2007.
Symptoms: "IBS," chronic fatigue, chronic pain. 

Celiac is a family affair for us; my mom, sister, and one of my sons are gluten free. At least it makes holiday gatherings easier. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: