Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Feeling Leftout

27 posts in this topic

yea i get that HEAPS, people makes jokes about me beingallergic to food in general saying that 'tepy is allergic to evreything' when someone offers me a cookie or something... its almost like people act like i am a hassle to be around-what the hell to the think its like to live this way..ignorant f*************** :)

I know what how you feel about that one. Some of my freinds just dont understand so they tell everyone that "If it tastes good, Helens allergic!" So annoying.

Ads by Google:

I totally understand..I was diagnosed when I was 19 and before that I always went to random little restaurants with my friends. Then BAM I had to find places where I could eat and not get sick. But luckily my friends are awesome and we go to places that offer gluten-free food. Like UNO's (love their veggie pizza), Qdoba's, five guys burgers and fries, and places like that. I was told that I had celiac when I was 16 and also told that I didn't need to worry about it. :huh: But I tried the diet anyway. I remember eating lunch at school and my friends ate their pizza and spicy chicken sandwhiches and I sat there eating rice cakes and carrots. Now it seems like you can find ALMOST anything gluten-free. I buy kinninik(sp?) pizza crusts and they are amazing. lol It will get easier...I find non-gluten-free stuff disgusting now...lol

You are a girl after my own heart. My sister has had Celiac for years but I just got it about a year and a half ago. I live of Kinninik pizzas! I eat them all the time! Ever since she told me about them, its like my safe haven. I take them with me to partys and stuff as a quick fix dinner while everyone else is ordering the real pizzas!