Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Black Tea

3 posts in this topic

Yesterday I had some black tea (Republic of Tea brand) and immediately my stomach started acting up. On the can it say it's gluten-free as do all the teas I have by this brand.

Is it possible to have issues with black tea? It just seems like such an odd thing to give me issues.

Thanks,

Karen

Ads by Google:
Yesterday I had some black tea (Republic of Tea brand) and immediately my stomach started acting up. On the can it say it's gluten-free as do all the teas I have by this brand.

Is it possible to have issues with black tea? It just seems like such an odd thing to give me issues.

Thanks,

Karen

Caffeine gives some trouble, also, if you drink you tea in the British fashion (with milk), you may be struggling with a milk problem. Hope this can help a little

I'll have to pay attention to the caffeine possibility. I have coffee, but it's decaf. Except on Mondays when I treat myself to 2/5 caffeine. I haven't noticed any difference on Mondays, but I will be on the lookout now. It could be milk, but I have cream in my coffee. Thanks for the ideas. I'll pay much closer attention to what happens and when with these two possible suspects.