2 replies to this topic

#1 KarenFe

KarenFe

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:49 AM

Yesterday I had some black tea (Republic of Tea brand) and immediately my stomach started acting up. On the can it say it's gluten-free as do all the teas I have by this brand.

Is it possible to have issues with black tea? It just seems like such an odd thing to give me issues.

Thanks,
Karen

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mindwiped

mindwiped

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 10:44 AM

Yesterday I had some black tea (Republic of Tea brand) and immediately my stomach started acting up. On the can it say it's gluten-free as do all the teas I have by this brand.

Is it possible to have issues with black tea? It just seems like such an odd thing to give me issues.

Thanks,
Karen

Caffeine gives some trouble, also, if you drink you tea in the British fashion (with milk), you may be struggling with a milk problem. Hope this can help a little
"When I'm worried and I can't sleep/I count my blessings instead of sheep/And I fall asleep counting my blessings"- Bing Crosby, White Christmas

#3 KarenFe

KarenFe

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 11:18 AM

I'll have to pay attention to the caffeine possibility. I have coffee, but it's decaf. Except on Mondays when I treat myself to 2/5 caffeine. I haven't noticed any difference on Mondays, but I will be on the lookout now. It could be milk, but I have cream in my coffee. Thanks for the ideas. I'll pay much closer attention to what happens and when with these two possible suspects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: