This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Digesting Wheat Products And Extreme Tiredness

Ms. Skinny Chic

Ms. Skinny Chic Explorer

Recently, someone treated me to a pizza and I ate 2 pieces of it pizza.

I have celiac disease and I made a conscious decision to eat some pizza... I haven't had any in ages.

After, ingesting the wheat contaminated product... I felt extremely tired and sick.

I mean.. I felt really tired instantly.. I couldn't even keep my eyes open...

My heart even seemed to skip a beat or something strange..

The next day, my abdomen was quiet painful.

Have any of you experienced anything like this?????

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Gfresh404 Enthusiast

That seems like a pretty normal response. Almost the exact same thing happens to me.

caligirl2001 Newbie

Yes, I get extremely lethargic when I get into gluten.

mattathayde Apprentice

the responses get worse for most people the longer they are on the diet. most people get to the point that cross contamination makes them sick so by eating something that is full of gluten that seems like it is normal

-matt

Ms. Skinny Chic Explorer
the responses get worse for most people the longer they are on the diet. most people get to the point that cross contamination makes them sick so by eating something that is full of gluten that seems like it is normal

-matt

Yes, I find myself extremely lethargic after ingesting gluten.

I have noticed that gluten affects me worse now than before...

I just never expected to feel comatose from ingesting wheat products.

Ms. Skinny Chic Explorer
That seems like a pretty normal response. Almost the exact same thing happens to me.

That is pretty surprising...

lizajane Rookie
Yes, I find myself extremely lethargic after ingesting gluten.

I have noticed that gluten affects me worse now than before...

I just never expected to feel comatose from ingesting wheat products.

this is how i felt before i was diagnosed. i always thought it was sugar or carb overload, but it all makes sense now. pancakes, bagels and cake used to nearly send me into a como. but gluten free ones don't!

(ps don't eat pizza, silly!! make gluten free pizza!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ms. Skinny Chic Explorer
this is how i felt before i was diagnosed. i always thought it was sugar or carb overload, but it all makes sense now. pancakes, bagels and cake used to nearly send me into a como. but gluten free ones don't!

(ps don't eat pizza, silly!! make gluten free pizza!)

hehehe.. I know...

I am going to make a gluten free pizza this weekend..

The gluten free foods...don't taste the same as normal ones..

I have just decided.. I am going to have to stick to this diet for better or worse.

All the suffering wasn't worth it in the end...

Archived