This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Phoenix, Arizona - Celiac Friendly?

r0ckah0l1c

r0ckah0l1c Apprentice

Hello =) I am leaving for Phoenix next Thursday and I would like to know some places which will provide gluten free options? The main one's I have found are Red Robin's, PF Chang's, and Picazzo's. I know there is a Pei Wei but I am really sick of eating Pei Wei everytime that I am out. Also, which grocery stores have good selection for gluten free foods? Thank you! ^_^

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

tom Contributor

For groceries there's the usual WhFds, Tjoe's but also 2 other non-major chains - Sprouts & Sunflower.

Multiple locations for all.

What part of Phx are you heading to?

The big chain groc stores weren't too bad - the Basha's by me even had Redbridge!

There might be some useful info here -

Open Original Shared Link

Jenny (AZ via TX) Enthusiast

Here are a few places I like:

Havana Cafe - has gluten free menu - ask for it(Bell Road location)

Cantina Laredo - has gluten free menu - ask for it (Frank Lloyd Wright location)

Pizza Picazzo - there are several - I usually go to the Frank Lloyd Wright location

PF Changs

White Chocolate Grill - have not been there yet since going gluten-free, but heard they have a gluten-free menu

Fago de Chao - on Scottsdale Road near the Borgata = excellent and they even have good bread, but is around $50/person

I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now. Most of the restaurants I listed are in North Scottsdale.

Stores: As Tom mentioned, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Trader Joe's. Safeway by me as a small gluten-free section.

let us know what part of Phoenix you will be staying.

Here are a few places I like:

Havana Cafe - has gluten free menu - ask for it(Bell Road location)

Cantina Laredo - has gluten free menu - ask for it (Frank Lloyd Wright location)

Pizza Picazzo - there are several - I usually go to the Frank Lloyd Wright location

PF Changs

White Chocolate Grill - have not been there yet since going gluten-free, but heard they have a gluten-free menu

Fago de Chao - on Scottsdale Road near the Borgata = excellent and they even have good bread, but is around $50/person

I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now. Most of the restaurants I listed are in North Scottsdale.

Stores: As Tom mentioned, Whole Foods, Sprouts, Trader Joe's. Safeway by me as a small gluten-free section.

let us know what part of Phoenix you will be staying.

Sorry, it's Fogo de Chao. Also I've had a good experience at Carraba's on Scottsdale and Frank Lloyd Wright area.

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

The Tonto Grill in Cave Creek! It's a haul if you're anywhere but North Scottsdale.

Janet,

Does the Tonto Grill have a gluten-free menu or did you have to talk to the chef? Thanks. I'm in Fountain Hills so this is not too far from me.

MaryJones2 Enthusiast

I don't know if they have a printed menu because it changes every so often but they can tell you what's gluten-free. I used to eat there once a week before going gluten-free. Now that I don't live in AZ I don't make it there too often but I've never had any problems getting a safe meal.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• 2 weeks later...
Cynthia SP Newbie

It might be also useful to have a look at the list at specialgourmets, there are some 70-80 gluten-free places in Phoenix and surroundings (many chains, but some independent gluten-free restaurants/bakeries as well). here is the link:

Cynthia

Cynthia SP Newbie

It might be also useful to have a look at the list at specialgourmets, there are some 70-80 gluten-free places in Phoenix and surroundings (many chains, but some independent gluten-free restaurants/bakeries as well). here is the link:

Cynthia

once and again Rookie

Visited Phoenix area in March 2008. Used the Triumph Dining Guide. Found most of the restaurants mentioned by contributors, including Havanna Cafe which was great. Have found the quite useful. Think it also mentioned grocery stores. Know I found some cookies, bagels,

Mary

GFMM88 Newbie

I came back home to Arizona from college and discovered an EXCELLENT new restaurant called True Foods! It is on 24th St. and Camelback at the Biltmore Shopping Center. Dr. Andrew Weil of the University of Arizona worked to ensure that everything is organic and follows his "anti-inflammatory diet." I would estimate that a third of the menu items are gluten free, and the food is delicious. My poor waiter put up with me as I explained anxiously how careful they would have to be about cross contamination, but he was already aware of it and ensured me that the chefs are well trained and he told me how careful they are. They even had Redbridge!! It was incredible. I almost cried. Lots of organic wine too. This was the best gluten free dining experience at a restaurant I have ever had. Lots of dairy free and soy free options as well.

There is also a Chipotle on 16th and Camelback; I haven't tried too many other restaurants in Phoenix.

QUANITA55 Newbie
Hello =) I am leaving for Phoenix next Thursday and I would like to know some places which will provide gluten free options? The main one's I have found are Red Robin's, PF Chang's, and Picazzo's. I know there is a Pei Wei but I am really sick of eating Pei Wei everytime that I am out. Also, which grocery stores have good selection for gluten free foods? Thank you! ^_^
QUANITA55 Newbie

SPROUTS FARMERS MARKET IS THE ONE I GO TO

Archived