This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Replying To A Poll

lotusgem

lotusgem Rookie

I would like to respond to the "Getting to know everyone" poll but feel like there must be something that I don't know. When I hit the respond button, I get the usual blank screen for a reply. Wouldn't there be a reply box with the list of questions in the poll, so that we can fill in the blanks? After fruitless attempts to figure this out, I gave up and wrote down all the questions so that I could type them in the blank response box and respond like the others. I got about halfway done with my post and ran out of room. So what's the secret?

Paula :blink:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

KaitiUSA Enthusiast

What you can do is copy and paste one with questions and delete their answer and put yours...thats what I did.

Guest Viola

Yup ... copy and paste is the way to go I think :P

Please try again, we do love to learn about everyone :D

lotusgem Rookie

Ah ha! Silly me. Thanks you two.

Paula :rolleyes:

bklyn Enthusiast

Ok, this is another question for the computer challanged - copy and paste someone else's answers and then what?

Thanks

Guest Viola

Then delete their answers and add your own in the place you deleted. Which will leave you with the question and your answer :)

celiac3270 Collaborator

Copy the information from the post. Then paste it into your post. Then type in your answers underneath each question. Or type all the answers in and then delete the original question...does that make sense?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

plantime Contributor

The very first post on that thread lists the questions with no answers. Do your copy and paste from that thread.

• 1 month later...
plantime Contributor

OK, my question: I voted in the "what brand do you use" poll, and wanted to post a reply, but was not able. Instead of the reply button, there was a button that said the poll was closed. I like the replies to the polls, the explanations are very interesting. Why couldn't I do that with this one?

Guest Viola

Yes, I want to know about that as well. I wanted to reply to that poll too :blink:

That one is a bit confusing for sure :huh:

skbird Contributor

It's a difficult poll for me because the products are apples and oranges - I can't say that I like one more than any others because they are for different stuff. I like Pamelas for the cookies and I like Tinkyada pasta - I can't choose between them.

When you set up a poll though you can choose to allow people to respond or not, and I think that the person who set up this poll did that, maybe unintentionally. I don't know if that can be changed.

Stephanie

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yeah, it is a difficult poll. I chose the brand that had my favorite gluten-free product because many of them had a large selection of products I liked.

You can't reply to that one because the creator of the poll made it so you can only vote, but cannot reply to the thread. That's one of the options you have when creating a poll.

plantime Contributor

What a bummer! A lot of information is shared in the replies to a poll! I chose "other", since I use Mrs. Leeper's and Bob's Red Mill, and neither of them were listed.

celiac3270 Collaborator

Yeah. The other problem with that type of poll is that it quickly moves to the back without any replies to keep it on the front page. I'll make a new one with the same sort of thing, though.

plantime Contributor

Thank you! I found it and voted on it!

Archived