Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Kellogg's Special K Protein Shake & Protein Water

6 posts in this topic

Between the title and the topic, I've just about asked my question.

Because of severe gastroparesis most of my nutrition now has to come in the liquid form. I drink Ensure, & fruit juices, and make smoothies with yogurt and fresh fruit for nutrition, but protein is my concern. I saw Kellogg's Special K Protein Shakes and Protein Water today.

Does anyone KNOW whether they are gluten free? The ingredients LOOK ok, but that's never been enough for me. Those of you who have been around for awhile know that I was a VERY sick Celiac prior to diagnosis. I still had villous atrophy on biopsy 2 1/2 years after diagnosis and becoming strictly gluten free, even though at the 2 1/2 years the antibodies were negative. All of that is to say, I can't & won't take chances.

Anybody KNOW?

Ads by Google:
Between the title and the topic, I've just about asked my question.

Because of severe gastroparesis most of my nutrition now has to come in the liquid form. I drink Ensure, & fruit juices, and make smoothies with yogurt and fresh fruit for nutrition, but protein is my concern. I saw Kellogg's Special K Protein Shakes and Protein Water today.

Does anyone KNOW whether they are gluten free? The ingredients LOOK ok, but that's never been enough for me. Those of you who have been around for awhile know that I was a VERY sick Celiac prior to diagnosis. I still had villous atrophy on biopsy 2 1/2 years after diagnosis and becoming strictly gluten free, even though at the 2 1/2 years the antibodies were negative. All of that is to say, I can't & won't take chances.

Anybody KNOW?

Sorry I can't be of much help other than to say try calling the company. That is probably the only way to know, especially since it is a relatively new product.

Sorry I can't be of much help other than to say try calling the company. That is probably the only way to know, especially since it is a relatively new product.

Thanks, GFresh, I'll do that!

Meanwhile, does anyone know of any glutenfree protein enriched drinks?

Thanks, GFresh, I'll do that!

Meanwhile, does anyone know of any glutenfree protein enriched drinks?

There's a bunch on amazon. Just type in gluten free and then on the left side click "Grocery" and then hit "Beverages."

I am not a Celiac, but my best friend is so I do a lot of research about it, I contacted Kellogg's about their Special K Protein Shakes and they provided me with a very nice reply, thought you all could benefit from it also.

Ms. Goneau,

Thank you for contacting us to request information about our products that do not contain gluten.

Kellogg is aware that many consumers need special dietary foods, especially those with celiac disease. While we do not currently offer any cereal or waffle products that are formulated to be gluten free, this is an area that we are exploring.

We do offer several products free from gluten-containing ingredients. These include Kellogg's

I presume you've already got an array of protein powders to add to your smoothies (and maybe sometimes juice)...