Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Soft Serve Ice Cream Ingredients?

11 posts in this topic

There are a few ingredients that I am not sure of in our local soft-serve ice cream.

Disodium phosphate

vitamin A palmitate

Anyone? Anyone?

:) thanks!

Ads by Google:

Both are fine.

Does this mean the ice cream at Sonic will be safe? I mean for banana splits and regular shakes?

As long as there's nothing in any artificial/natural flavors...and as long as there's no cross-contamination. I don't know how the ice cream system works at all of these places, but if there's a scoop, make sure the scoops are only used in the one flavor or you could have contamination. If it's in a machine, it would be good to find out if the machine is only used for that flavor or if other flavors that might mix with it are gluten-free...

My kids have been bugging me to take them to McDonald's for a sundae, now that they are back on dairy. Anyone here eat the ice cream at McD's? I know it says the sundae is safe on their gluten-free list, but I would like some input here to reassure me.

I have a list that says Dairy Queen is safe too, but our local DQ went out of business two years ago. Now it is a Starbucks and is getting tons of business! The closest Starbucks was an hour away!

God bless,

Mariann

Yea I eat McDonalds Sundaes. They are gluten free :D

Anne Lee said at the meeting that TastiDLite is gluten-free...

I prefer Sonic's banana splits and sundaes, and I am glad that I can keep eating them! I'm sure they're glad, too, since I will be spending money there!

With MD sundaes i ask for them plain as im pretty sure the toppings contain gluten. My brother was kind enough to look it up for me when i was being "lazy" with my diet. Hes an angel.... at times. :rolleyes:

Their hot fudge and caramel ones are ok :D Don't know if they have other ones but I think they are all including toppings gluten free....

The MD sundaes, including toppings, are on the MD gluten-free list.

richard