This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

'genius' Gluten Free Bread - Uk

Storm

Storm Apprentice

Hi everyone.

I went to Tesco's last night and from their "free from" range I made an amazing discovery.

"Genius" Gluten Free Bread.

I cooked it tonight for the first time and I was left SPEECHLESS!!!

It was amazing, beautiful and in my opinion, better than any normal bread I have ever eaten.

It cut perfectly to form slices and toasted a dream!!! Topped with some strawberry jam, I was in heaven!! Amazing how something like this has made me write this.

The website is Open Original Shared Link and there is a competition on there to win a years supply!! It has a 4 day "use by" period, but in my opinion, its worth it. It was

• 1 year later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

rachel-gf Newbie

Do they have it every Tesco's? I tried a few and couldn't find it in London.

Gemini Experienced

Hi everyone.

I went to Tesco's last night and from their "free from" range I made an amazing discovery.

It was amazing, beautiful and in my opinion, better than any normal bread I have ever eaten.

It cut perfectly to form slices and toasted a dream!!! Topped with some strawberry jam, I was in heaven!! Amazing how something like this has made me write this.

The website is Open Original Shared Link and there is a competition on there to win a years supply!! It has a 4 day "use by" period, but in my opinion, its worth it. It was

Mango04 Enthusiast

I saw this bread on-line recently and am glad you mentioned them. I am traveling to the UK this Fall for a 2 week vacation and hope they have this in the Whole Foods in London! Sounds excellent!

You don't even need t go to whole foods-they have it in the regular grocery stores (sansburys too). London is the absolute best for gluten-free :)

nikki-uk Enthusiast

..in fact Genius is now available in all the major supermarkets..

Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda's and now Morrison's.

Another one to look out for is Marks & Spencers new gluten-free range including their own bread.

Thumbs up in our house! :D

Gemini Experienced

You don't even need t go to whole foods-they have it in the regular grocery stores (sansburys too). London is the absolute best for gluten-free :)

I live in Boston, Massachusetts and we have incredible gluten-free options here. Lots of restaurants do gluten-free menu's and most of the large chain grocery stores have gluten-free sections now.

This will be my 8th trip to London and that's one of the major reasons I come back.....aside from the fact I love that city! I have never had any problems finding good food to eat and no one has looked at me cross-eyed when I say gluten free. You gotta love that!

foodiegurl Collaborator

I have heard that UK Starbucks are going to be carrying Genius bread for their gluten-free sandwiches.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Gemini Experienced

I have heard that UK Starbucks are going to be carrying Genius bread for their gluten-free sandwiches.

You mean I could get a sandwich in the UK at Starbuck's and all I can get here in the US are some Kind bars or cookies that are just OK? :blink: I am so mad that Starbuck's got rid of the orange almond cake....that was really good. I also think that Americans tendency to complain and sue may be at the root cause of the problem here. In the UK, if you sue someone and lose, you have to pay the legal costs of the person you are suing. That dramatically cuts down on frivolous lawsuits. We know there are too many of those in the States and I really think that is what is keeping many items out of stores.

I will have to hit Bucky's in London and see what they have to offer.

gefen Newbie

Hi everyone.

Archived