arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Rosarita Veg Refried Beans- Are They Gf?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mrsfish_94

mrsfish_94

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:08 PM

I have been trying to contact ConAgra about them and have had no response. Does anyone know if they are gluten-free? What about canned beans in general? I usually buy S&W 50% less sodium kidney and black beans. Are they gluten-free?

Please help...I have tried six times to cook dried pintos to make refried beans and can't get them right...so I am hoping to find canned...can anyone help!!!! :(

mrsfish
Mrsfish_94
4 yr. old Daughter with peanut, dairy allergy & Dermatitis Herpetiformis (not formally diagnosed)
1 yr old Son with egg allergy

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 02:17 PM

ConAgra will not hide anything :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 VegasCeliacBuckeye

VegasCeliacBuckeye

Advanced Community Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

My recipe

I take the bag of kidney/pinto beans.

Place them in a crock pot with water, salt, pepper, jalapenos and garlic.

Let is cook ALL DAY (most of the time on high). After 6-8 hours and the water being mostly absorbed (you may have to refill the water one or twice)

Drain the water

Put the beans/garlic.peppers in a mixing bowl. Use a hand blender or a mixer to "make the beans" Add milk/soy milk to desired consistency. Salt/Pepper to taste.

Voila........Refried beans for a month.... :lol:

#4 burdee

burdee

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:22 PM

Yes, Rosarita Vegetarian Refried Beans ARE gluten-free. I did contact the company last year to verify gluten-free. I eat them all the time with NO reaction. I haven't used the S&W beans, but again try contacting the company. Most simply canned beans are gluten-free, but it's always good to read the label and/or contact the companies.
BURDEE

Gluten, dairy, soy, egg, cane sugar, vanilla and nutmeg free. Enterolab diagnosed gluten/casein intolerant 7/04; soy intolerant 8/07. ELISA test diagnosed egg/cane sugar IgG allergies 8/06; vanilla/nutmeg 8/06. 2006-10 diagnosed by DNA Microbial stool tests and successfully treated: Klebsiella, Enterobacter Cloaecae, Cryptosporidia, Candida, C-diff, Achromobacter, H. Pylori and Dientamoeba Fragilis. 6/10 Heidelberg capsule test diagnosed hypochloridia. Vitamin D deficiency, hypothyroiditis, hypochloridia and low white blood cells caused vulnerability to infections. I now take Betaine HCl, probiotics, Vitamin D and T3 thyroid supplement to maintain immunity.

#5 mrsfish_94

mrsfish_94

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 04:30 PM

Great! Thanks for all the info!!!! I will try the beans in the crock pot. I had not thought of using that. I have put an email to S&W. We will see if I hear anything back. I will try to call the tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Mrsfish
Mrsfish_94
4 yr. old Daughter with peanut, dairy allergy & Dermatitis Herpetiformis (not formally diagnosed)

#6 mrsfish_94

mrsfish_94

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 11:33 AM

I called S&W this morning and they are all gluten-free. All their canned veggies are gluten-free.

I am so happy to hear that!!!

just thought others might want to know!
Mrsfish_94

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: