Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Godfathers

10 posts in this topic

I don't know if this is national, but the Godfathers' Pizza in my town (Iowa City, IA) will make a gluten-free personal pizza for me if I give them 24 hours notice. Not too expensive; I think it was like $5.99, and hey! A pizza from a chain restaurant!

Ads by Google:

That would be worth a trip to IA for!!! :) I will have to check and see if the one near me will do the same... that would be awesome to be able to actually eat with my family for a change ~ and pizza to! Yummy!

How did they manage it? Did you provide the flours, or did they?

They do--I have to tell them 24 hours in advance, so they can go out and buy the ingredients.

Wow... that is awesome. Can you post their address, phone # and maybe manager's name?? Maybe then we could ask our local Godfathers to call them! :) Hey, it might work!! Worth a try... :rolleyes:

Godfather's Pizza

531 Highway 1 West

Iowa City IA 52246

319-354-3312

I don't know the manager's name, but do ask for the manager--I talked to just a regular employee once who had no CLUE what I was talking about.

That's great they'll make a "customized" pizza just for you but I have one question. Do they prepare the dough in the same place they make the regular dough? If they do then there could be the potential for cross contamination.

There is one 35 miles away from my house. I should call them and see what their policy is on gluten free pizza. They should make a chain that is only gluten free so there is not cross contamination and so forth.

WOW! My husband is a manger for Domino's. I've known a lot of managers... from all the pizza chains.... This one must have someone in the family with celiac disease. That's incredible that they would do that!! I would suspect this is a manager thing, and not a nationwide Godfather's pizza thing. Curious to see if anyone has results with any other stores.

Yea--I, too, doubt it's nationwide...but you could probably visit a lot of pizza chains and see which ones would do something for you......