9 replies to this topic

#1 SharonF

SharonF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 01:19 PM

I don't know if this is national, but the Godfathers' Pizza in my town (Iowa City, IA) will make a gluten-free personal pizza for me if I give them 24 hours notice. Not too expensive; I think it was like $5.99, and hey! A pizza from a chain restaurant!
Mom of 3
Diagnosed celiac August 2004

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 06:23 AM

That would be worth a trip to IA for!!! :) I will have to check and see if the one near me will do the same... that would be awesome to be able to actually eat with my family for a change ~ and pizza to! Yummy!

#3 plantime

plantime

My two handsome grandsons

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,692 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 08:23 AM

How did they manage it? Did you provide the flours, or did they?
Dessa

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you." Numbers 6:24-25

#4 SharonF

SharonF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:13 AM

They do--I have to tell them 24 hours in advance, so they can go out and buy the ingredients.
Mom of 3

#5 Guest_gfinnebraska_*

Guest_gfinnebraska_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:40 AM

Wow... that is awesome. Can you post their address, phone # and maybe manager's name?? Maybe then we could ask our local Godfathers to call them! :) Hey, it might work!! Worth a try... :rolleyes:

#6 SharonF

SharonF

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

Godfather's Pizza
531 Highway 1 West
Iowa City IA 52246

319-354-3312

I don't know the manager's name, but do ask for the manager--I talked to just a regular employee once who had no CLUE what I was talking about.
Mom of 3

#7 ianm

ianm

Metal God

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:30 PM

That's great they'll make a "customized" pizza just for you but I have one question. Do they prepare the dough in the same place they make the regular dough? If they do then there could be the potential for cross contamination.
If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.
Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?
Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.
Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

#8 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 05:45 PM

There is one 35 miles away from my house. I should call them and see what their policy is on gluten free pizza. They should make a chain that is only gluten free so there is not cross contamination and so forth.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#9 Guest_ajlauer_*

Guest_ajlauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 10:46 PM

WOW! My husband is a manger for Domino's. I've known a lot of managers... from all the pizza chains.... This one must have someone in the family with celiac disease. That's incredible that they would do that!! I would suspect this is a manager thing, and not a nationwide Godfather's pizza thing. Curious to see if anyone has results with any other stores.

#10 celiac3270

celiac3270

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,263 posts

Posted 07 April 2005 - 03:43 AM

Yea--I, too, doubt it's nationwide...but you could probably visit a lot of pizza chains and see which ones would do something for you......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: