Scalp / Kinds Of Itch

• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BellyTimber_*

Guest_BellyTimber_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2005 - 02:02 PM

Hi all,

I have been ignoring this part of the forum up till now so scuse me.

1. The talk lately of scalps makes me ask this. I pick stuff like brown glass fragments out of my hair. Before it turns into this I can't of course see what it's like nor can anyone else as I live singly. Any one got any insight into this?

2. A mention by someone of an itch that's different from a histamine reaction (sting, bite) makes me ask, anyoner give more detail on this, I want to think around how I'm feeling a bit more than I was doing and this might give me some insights.

:huh: :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kvogt

kvogt

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:23 PM

gapspan,

Can't help you with the "brown glass". Perhaps you are scratching and breaking the skin. Regarding odd itching scalp. I was using a hair gell that had wheat oil or some other derivitive. I switched to something else and the odd itch went away in about a week.

#3 Guest_ajlauer_*

Guest_ajlauer_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2005 - 11:50 PM

LOL. Love the topic description! Thanks for the laugh!

To add a 3rd question... does anyone have premature balding/thinning? I'm 27. Noticed about 10 years ago that my hairline seemed to be receeding. About a year ago I started to notice my hair thinning in that typical spot where guys always go bald (I am female). It was confirmed by my friend (who is a hairdresser) when she trimmed my hair a few months ago. She was just like, "Hey, you're getting old! You're going bald right here" and she ruffled the existing hair in the thin spot. I know stress can cause it too, and I have tons of stress.... but curious if it's a symptom of celiac.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: