This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Bloating, Once Again...

adelaidez

adelaidez Rookie

The bloating just won

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

mellowyellowmushroom Rookie
The bloating just won
emcmaster Collaborator

2 weeks may not be long enough for you to have sufficiently healed from the most recent glutening. I find that the longer it's been without an accident, the quicker I am to heal if I do get glutened. Case in point: I have spent the last 5 weeks bloated out of my mind because I have gotten glutened over and over again. I'm being super extra careful for the next few months so I can start healing pronto.

You also have to be super careful what you eat when you are healing. I have found that I can't tolerate beans, broccoli, etc. - anything that people with normal digestive systems sometimes have problems with, creates problems for me when my tummy is awfully unhappy.

Hang in there and eat lots of simple, clean foods til your tummy feels better.

Serversymptoms Contributor

I say give it more time, and probably eat soft things for a while... easier on stomach to digest. I think I may be celiac also, go to doctors tomorrow. I notice ( after looking closely at symptoms...) my stomach appers to bloat also when consuming wheat.

ang1e0251 Contributor

I just cant deal with this diet if the main reason why im giving up (course could of health too) is to get this bloating feeling gone and to get my normal toned flat stomach... just makes me want to give up an eat everything in my site when this happened, I seriously have a binging problem in which im trying to stop

shirleyujest Contributor

Don't give up sweetie! You're "in training" right now, and you've noticed some progress. Keep focused on that.

I'm right where you are, major bloating from either trace g or just processing old stuff outa my system. Stomach aches daily. Still I'm excited cuz more energy than two weeks ago. That's huge!

Buy some of the gluten-free pizza dough! Make it an adventure. Here's my pizza, I heat some Lucini olive oil (yum), sautee red bell peppers, zucchini, throw on mushrooms and maybe 3 cloves garlic (I use a press so it's fast, no vampires here), then tom. sauce, shredded mozz. cheese (I buy pre-shredded). They even have pre-made gluten-free crust in the fridge section of Whole foods. It's al-most as good but ... I'm so into the toppings -- oh I have to have sliced black olives -- yum. I don't miss the old crust.

Don't give up, you're just getting started.

oceangirl Collaborator

Some may be lucky and not find this so, but I cannot stress enough the importance of eating plain, whole foods you cook yourself- it's really not that hard! Trying to recreate your old diet with all the substitutes I found had little to no success particularly in the beginning, so you might want to forego the pizza and new grains for a bit. Here's what I would recommend: Fish, meats, chicken, turkey, bananas, a few fruits (they can cause bloating), cooked veggies like squash, sweet potatoes, greens, a few nuts (they can be rough) and NO grains. Once you heal (can take quite awhile) you could slowly add things back in, one at a time, and keeping a food log with symptoms to see how each thing is affecting you. You may want to eliminate dairy, soy, legumes and nightshades in the beginning as they can cause problems as well. It seems dire, but once your body has had time to heal and rejuvenate you'll most likely find you can add many foods back and then you may want to experiment with other grains.

Just my two cents. Hang in there; it will get better!

lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

OptimisticMom42 Apprentice

The elimination diet would help you figure all this out.

Out of pure frustration I went to a liquid diet and then brought simple foods back into my diet one at a time to figure out which ones were causing which problems.

The liquid diet I used was ...... the broth from meat cooked all day in the slow cooker (with sea salt, pepper and onion), lemon juice concentrate, cherry juice concentrate, maple syrup as a sweetener, black coffee and lots of water. That was it for a couple days. Then I brought first poached eggs and then bananas back into my diet. Then I started testing other foods bringing them into my diet and taking them back out twice. If I got the same reaction twice that was good enough for me.

I learned a lot. It was interesting and made me feel more in control of what's happening to me. Control is important to my mental health! B)

I hope there is something in my experience that will help you,

Take Care, OptimisticMom42

Archived