5 replies to this topic

#1 Hummingbird4

Hummingbird4

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 09:15 AM

I bought a case of these yesterday (milk chocolate flavor). There is "natural flavors" listed in the ingredients, otherwise it looks safe. I've emailed Costco but haven't received a reply. Does anyone here happen to know for sure if these are gluten-free?

Thanks!
Diagnosed Celiac in June 2008 by biopsy and blood tests.
DQ2.2 (HLA DQA1*0201:DQB1*0202) and DQ2.5trans (HLA DQA1*05) positive.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,766 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 04:24 AM

I bought a case of these yesterday (milk chocolate flavor). There is "natural flavors" listed in the ingredients, otherwise it looks safe. I've emailed Costco but haven't received a reply. Does anyone here happen to know for sure if these are gluten-free?

Thanks!

A phone call at the number below should give you an answer. Bear in mind that barley malt is often considered a flavoring agent and as such does not need to be disclosed on the label.

Costco is a warehouse store that carries food in bulk. They have started a new labeling policy for their Kirkland line of food products in which they will put "no gluten" on those products that are gluten free (including their roasted chicken). If you have a specific question on the gluten content of any Kirkland item, you can call a Costco service representative at 800-774-2678, Ext. 6.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#3 Hummingbird4

Hummingbird4

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 12:05 PM

Thanks for the phone number, ravenwoodglass. I will use that in the future.

I received an email reply today from Costco stating that the product is gluten free.
Diagnosed Celiac in June 2008 by biopsy and blood tests.
DQ2.2 (HLA DQA1*0201:DQB1*0202) and DQ2.5trans (HLA DQA1*05) positive.

#4 R_Force

R_Force

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:36 AM

I received an email reply today from Costco stating that the product is gluten free.[/quote]

#5 R_Force

R_Force

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

I decided to check for myself, and just received an e-mail from Costco saying the Milk Chocolate Weight Loss drinks are NOT gluten free.

#6 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,234 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

[quote name="R_Force" post="855786" timestamp="1361820981"]I received an email reply today from Costco stating that the product is gluten free.[/quote] [/quote]  

I decided to check for myself, and just received an e-mail from Costco saying the Milk Chocolate Weight Loss drinks are NOT gluten free.

Well, that's a bit confusing!

For anyone reading this:

The original info on this thread is almost 4 years old. Products change over that length of time. Check the ingredients and, if you still have questions, call or email the company yourself.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: