Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

In Case Anyone Was Wondering About..

54 posts in this topic

I baked the yellow cake yesterday---it was GOOD! Way better than the Gluten Free Pantry's yellow cake mix. My husband (not gluten-free) said he could tell a difference between the Betty Crocker gluten-free and regular cake, but he allowed that it was much better than the GFP mix.

All I can say is, since I hadn't had cake in nearly a year, it was wonderful! Tasted just like regular cake to me. We'll be trying the chocolate next.

Ads by Google:
Any body find them in New York Yet?

I just found them at Waldbaums yesterday! I got the cookies!

Found them at our Krogers a bit over a week ago for $4.49 a box. They had all but the chocolate. Not sure why. So far have made the brownies and yellow cake. Brownies taste like the kind you get from a box and were good. I usually make mine from scratch using the Joy of Cooking recipe and a homemade version of Bob's red mill gluten-free flour mix and it turns out really well. Dh preferred the ones I usually make, but that's a no brainer because they're really rich and take a while to make!

The yellow cake they all seemed to like just fine, but it made me a bit nauseated. I don't do well w/ anything made mostly from white rice so I think that's just me. For the price of one layer I think I'll just make mine from scratch, but it will be nice to have a backup if I'm in a hurry or something. Not sure it I'll ever try the chocolate since our Krogers carries Pamelas chocolate cake mix for about the same price and it makes 2 layers and is really good.

The yellow cake did sit for a few days and stayed moist so that is a huge plus since most yellow cakes seem to dry out fairly quickly. I will say it was nice to be able to buy a mix in a regular part of the store...

Paulette

I got them in PA for 3.59....and well worth it!

Anyone find them in Massachusetts yet ??

Just found the gluten-free cake mix, chocolate and white, brownie mix and cookies at my local Rouse's grocery store. Price $3.69. I am wondering if I can use it to make a honey bun cake? Can it be used like a regular cake mix to make just about anything?

Anybody find the mixes in California????

I have not found them yet in West Ventura County.

I got them in PA for 3.59....and well worth it!

where in PA amanda??

Weis when they first came out- but now they are 3.99 at both Weis and Wegmans I'm in Harrisburg. I have not seen them at Giant yet--which is ok cause I try my best to never go there :)

Made the choc chip cookie mix yesterday... quite good. Nice texture, light -- I made the larger cookies, 1T of mix, and got 14. Should be a crowd and kid pleaser.

Will try their cake when it's in the store, not there yet.

Found today at Market Basket - Billerica, MA store - both cake mixes, brownies and CC cookies - 3.69 a box - bought 1 of each - will try this weekend

can't wait :P

Hi -

I emailed Betty Crocker /General Mills and they told me that they have a product locator on their web site generalmills.com . You can search by product and then by store and it will let you know if they have them yet. Or you can call the customer service number 1-800-249-0562 and they will do the search for you.

Nothing here in the twin cities yet - keep hoping it will be soon!

I got the brownie and cookie mix last night at the Kelso Safeway. Cooked up the cookies as soon as I got home. I am not a chocolate person but these are amazing cookies. These are by far the best cookies I have ever had since going gluten free. Cant wait to try the white or yellow cake what ever it is.

Grump

I haven't seen them in any local stores yet, but I just signed up on the Retailer-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named website to be notified when they become available there. Usually, I buy one locally first before buying a case online, but the reviews on these are so good I think I'm willing to just buy a case if their price is reasonable.

I've gotten all 4 varieties of the mixes at the A&P in NY (Westchester). So far I've made the brownies and the yellow cake mix (made cupcakes with it). Both are delicious. I especially liked the yellow cake mix.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I don't think the price is bad at all. Considering what we normally pay for specialty gluten free products the price of this doesn't phase me at all. I realize it makes a smaller amount than some of the other mixes, but maybe it's not such a bad thing that I'll only make and eat 12 cupcakes as opposed to 24 ;)

I've gotten all 4 varieties of the mixes at the A&P in NY (Westchester). So far I've made the brownies and the yellow cake mix (made cupcakes with it). Both are delicious. I especially liked the yellow cake mix.

I seem to be in the minority here, but I don't think the price is bad at all. Considering what we normally pay for specialty gluten free products the price of this doesn't phase me at all. I realize it makes a smaller amount than some of the other mixes, but maybe it's not such a bad thing that I'll only make and eat 12 cupcakes as opposed to 24 ;)

I totally agree with you. I will gladly pay $4 for gluten free cookies/brownies/cake that is easy to make, sold in regular stores, and tastes delicious.

whoo hoo! so glad to see the yellow cake review. i am making it for my first gluten free birthday tomorrow!!! can someone confirm that you can use dunkin hines frosting?

I made both the yellow and chocolate cakes - layered them with Duncan Hines whipped vanilla frosting for my sister-in-law's birthday yesterday, everyone really liked it, I'm the only one with Celiac.

THANK YOU BETTY CROCKER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::P:lol::P:lol::P:lol::P

Yes - most of the Duncan Hines frostings are gluten-free

Finally found them at Albertson's in Camarillo. $4.69 each. Haven't tried them yet as I am still grain free.

I just head about the betty crocker mixes and am super excited. I have one question though, does anyone know about the cross contamination issue with these mixes?

Are they made in a separate facility?

To be honest I am not impressed. I don't know if it is because I have to use a butter sub. or what but I have had better cookies for a mix and better cake from a mix too. I have a box of the brownies to try so we will see.

The Betty Crocker mixes are 3.99 in our area I made the choclate into 18 cupcakes and they

are super good. my next task will be to e mail betty crocker and thank them, on their website there are a bunch of recipes using their new mixes. I think next I will try the pinapple upside down cake it sounds great. Hope they keep well i will know tomorrow if Hubby and i don't eat them all today

I just head about the betty crocker mixes and am super excited. I have one question though, does anyone know about the cross contamination issue with these mixes?

Are they made in a separate facility?

They are produced in a gluten-free facility--that is printed on the boxes :)

I finally found them at Kroger outside of Houston. I got the yellow cake mix, cookies, and brownies. I made the brownies yesterday using 1/3 cup oil instead of butter, and I added a handful of chopped walnuts. They are as good as I remember Betty Crocker brownies to be--fudgy and moist with no dry edges. I was very impressed :D

They were $4.19 each.

i found 3 of the 4 (no choc cake :() last week for $3.39. i think the price is totally reasonable, particularly if they are found in regular stores and are quick and easy to make.