Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free Stores Around Cincinnati, Oh?

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any gluten free stores around the Cincinnati, OH area???

Ads by Google:

Jungle Jim's is a gluten-free haven.....

From a quick Google search, you have Trader Joe's locally. I would open a vein to have a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods within 20 miles of my home.

Ditto on Jungle Jim's. I don't know about Cincinnati, but the Krogers here has a wonderful gluten-free section. However, they tore down our old Krogers and build a Kroger Marketplace and that's when they started carrying all the gluten-free foods. They have gradually added more things. Today I was in total shock to come across Glutino pretzels there. The nice thing is they sometimes have really good gluten-free sales or clearance. I'm not sure where they're located, but I know there are some Kroger Marketplace stores in the Cincinnati area.

We live in Dayton, but when we visit family in Cincinnati we usually stop at Jungle Jim's, but we can find so much gluten-free food locally now there's not many more options there than what we can find here. Have you tried the rice crackers from Sams Club? I don't think all locations have them-they're a decent cracker, but I wouldn't use it for soup or anything like that. It's about $7 for a box w/ 2 bags in it and it's marked gluten-free. I also found Corky's frozen ribs at Krogers and they're not marked gluten-free, but I contacted the company and they said they are.

Paulette

This is very helpful! I'm going to be in the Cincinnati area to visit the in-laws for the 4th of July.

Does anybody have any good recommendations for places to dine out in the area, too?