Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Gluten Free Stores Around Cincinnati, Oh?

• Please log in to reply

4 replies to this topic

#1 terribeth07

terribeth07

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 11:09 AM

Does anyone know of any gluten free stores around the Cincinnati, OH area???
5 years of sickness & several tests.
Abnormal Gallbladder Diagnosis & removal April 2008.
No official diagnosis from Doctor
Negative to Celiac Blood Panel
Self Diagnosing myself with gluten intolerance July 2009 after going gluten free for 4 weeks & then severe nausea after eating gluten for 2 days.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mamaw

mamaw

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,067 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:53 PM

Jungle Jim's is a gluten-free haven.....

#3 PattyBoots

PattyBoots

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:18 PM

From a quick Google search, you have Trader Joe's locally. I would open a vein to have a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods within 20 miles of my home.

#4 holiday16

holiday16

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:50 AM

Ditto on Jungle Jim's. I don't know about Cincinnati, but the Krogers here has a wonderful gluten-free section. However, they tore down our old Krogers and build a Kroger Marketplace and that's when they started carrying all the gluten-free foods. They have gradually added more things. Today I was in total shock to come across Glutino pretzels there. The nice thing is they sometimes have really good gluten-free sales or clearance. I'm not sure where they're located, but I know there are some Kroger Marketplace stores in the Cincinnati area.

We live in Dayton, but when we visit family in Cincinnati we usually stop at Jungle Jim's, but we can find so much gluten-free food locally now there's not many more options there than what we can find here. Have you tried the rice crackers from Sams Club? I don't think all locations have them-they're a decent cracker, but I wouldn't use it for soup or anything like that. It's about $7 for a box w/ 2 bags in it and it's marked gluten-free. I also found Corky's frozen ribs at Krogers and they're not marked gluten-free, but I contacted the company and they said they are.

Paulette

#5 celiacinseattle

celiacinseattle

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 08:10 PM

This is very helpful! I'm going to be in the Cincinnati area to visit the in-laws for the 4th of July.

Does anybody have any good recommendations for places to dine out in the area, too?
It amuses me that my doctor will only call it Celiac Sprue, or "The Sprue" for short. Call it whatever you want, I'm just glad he found what was making me sick. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: