19 replies to this topic

#16 stef_the_kicking_cuty

stef_the_kicking_cuty

Stef and Luke

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 925 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:52 AM

Because the gluten-friendly food companies will probably outdate pretty soon, you could also list the companies on a website and put the website adress in the book. It's easier to update a list on the internet, than in the book all the time. So the list would be more like an add to the book.
Stef

Next goals:
Results for 2011:
1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting
August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)
gluten-free since 07/21/2004
Shermans Dale, PA

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Fonda

Fonda

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 12:59 PM

Hi Kaiti, glad to hear you are writing a book!! Us newbies need all the info we can get our hands on at first. I have been gluten-free for a little over a month now and it is difficult. There needs to be a chapter about how to cope and grieving over foods and restaurants that are missed like Pizza Hut, Olive Garden, etc.... I used to love to eat and as the saying goes "Live to Eat, eat to live". I now have to learn to eat to live. Healthy!! I am still at that stage that I think a lot has been taken from me, until I get used to how all the new breads and everything taste.

Also, a little note that people could copy off to keep in their wallet/purse that really tells what and how important Celiac and the Celaic diet is so that we can give it to restaurant people, friends, relatives, etc. When I go to a restaurant it would be nice to have a little card (the restaurant card I have doesn't explain it) to hand to the waiter so you don't have to explain it to them, they get someone else out, you explain it to them. They could just take it back and all read it then know what to do. Does that make any sense. I tell people about Celiac and they think if I just don't eat bread, pizza, pasta all is well. WRONG!!!

Good Luck!!

Fonda

#18 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:22 PM

Here are some links to restaurant cards you can print out:

http://www.kinnikinn...fs/restcard.pdf

http://www.celiactra...11-english.html

http://www.gluten free.com/celiac.htm

Thanks for your input :D
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#19 Fonda

Fonda

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:20 PM

Thanks Kaiti!!

#20 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 02:26 PM

Your welcome :D and I know what you mean about people thinking if you just avoid bread then your ok..they don't realize the extent of what gluten is in...celiac has been getting more notice though so that is at least good.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: