This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pei Wei Question

abbysmom

abbysmom Rookie

I have never been to Pei Wei (love P.F. Chang's), but we will be near one next week. I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old. The menu didn't really look kid friendly...is the sweet and sour chicken spicy? Or does it come with veggies or rice? Any thoughts? Thank you!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

lizard00 Enthusiast

It depends if your kids are gluten-free, too. My son is not, and loves their fried rice. He also recently ate almost off of his honey seared chicken, which I think is kind of sweet. He's in the picky stage right now, too. You can get brown, white or fried rice just as a side, and most everything I've had there comes with veggies.

He also will sometimes eat my vietnamese chicken salad rolls; I'm not entirely sure if this is because they are mine so must taste better than his food, but he seemed to like them in the past.

If your kids are gluten-free, too, then there's probably not a whole lot there for them. I don't think the sweet and sour is spicy. In fact, it's a little too sweet for me, so it might be worth a try.

Hope that helps :)

jerseyangel Proficient
I have never been to Pei Wei (love P.F. Chang's), but we will be near one next week. I have a 4 year old and an 18 month old. The menu didn't really look kid friendly...is the sweet and sour chicken spicy? Or does it come with veggies or rice? Any thoughts? Thank you!

I've had the sweet and sour chicken. It's not spicy, actually it's rather sweet. There are veggies mixed in--can't remember exactly which ones, though--I want to say maybe broccoli and carrot (?). There were thin slices of red ginger that had kind of a strong taste, but they are easily removed if your kids don't like them--same for the pieces of onion.

It comes with a bowl of rice--white or brown, your choice.

abbysmom Rookie

I guess it would of helped to say they are both gluten-free! Sorry 'bout that...thanks for the feedback on the Sweet and Sour Chicken. Neither one is really picky and if it comes with rice we should be good!

jerseyangel Proficient
I guess it would of helped to say they are both gluten-free! Sorry 'bout that...thanks for the feedback on the Sweet and Sour Chicken. Neither one is really picky and if it comes with rice we should be good!

I assumed that you meant the gluten-free version. That is the one I was describing :D

• 2 weeks later...
runner girl Rookie

Pei Wei is my favorite place to eat. The gluten-free sweet and sour chicken/shrimp is awesome. It is very sweet and served with pinapple and green peppers, which can easily be pushed to the side. The gluten-free Chicken salad rolls are really good too, but I am not sure how kid friendly they are. Pei Wei, in my experience has always been really careful about making sure it is gluten-free, though they do give you soy sauce (in little packets)that has wheat in it, so stay away from the soy sauce. I would definitely recommend Pei Wei!

Archived