4 replies to this topic

#1 nograiner

nograiner

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

I always have trouble having breakfast on the run for a workday.I went to my usual place expecting to have a banana again and saw GLUTEN FREE Bagels The Earth Health Bar in the Citicorp Bldg,on 53rd in NYC is serving my breakfast!!!!. Freshly baked Joan's BAGELS . They are so delicious,they told me that they had to prove they were gluten-free to some customers by showing the packaging. They also have gluten-free sandwich rolls and English muffins for a change of pace.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 nograiner

nograiner

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:02 AM

I always have trouble having breakfast on the run for a workday.I went to my usual place expecting to have a banana again and saw GLUTEN FREE Bagels The Earth Health Bar in the Citicorp Bldg,on 53rd in NYC is serving my breakfast!!!!. Freshly baked Joan's BAGELS . They are so delicious,they told me that they had to prove they were gluten-free to some customers by showing the packaging. They also have gluten-free sandwich rolls and English muffins for a change of pace.

I forgot to say they have separate ovens,baking sheets cutting boards knives and are being trained in GFRAP,so no worries about cross contamination

#3 ENF

ENF

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:21 AM

I just saw the news about this on other New York celiac blogs and sites.

I'm looking forward to going there, and will soon be in the area of the Citicorp building.

If the claims about the bagels being indistinguishable from the real thing are true, I'll eat my gluten-free hat. Even most of today's "real" non-gluten-free bagels aren't close to tasting like the high-gluten water-boiled type that were manufactured in dedicated shops where I grew up, but I'm willing to give it a chance and hope that they are at least tasty and if they're a little reminiscent of the originals then all the better.
Celiac diagnosis from positive blood work & endoscope (2005)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 Subtype 2,8 (double Celiac genes)

#4 nograiner

nograiner

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 06:30 AM

I just saw the news about this on other New York celiac blogs and sites.

I'm looking forward to going there, and will soon be in the area of the Citicorp building.

If the claims about the bagels being indistinguishable from the real thing are true, I'll eat my gluten-free hat. Even most of today's "real" non-gluten-free bagels aren't close to tasting like the high-gluten water-boiled type that were manufactured in dedicated shops where I grew up, but I'm willing to give it a chance and hope that they are at least tasty and if they're a little reminiscent of the originals then all the better.

Be prepared to swallow that hat. If you haven't yet tasted a Joans bagel you are going to be surprised. Check her out on the site and see what people say.

#5 jkmunchkin

jkmunchkin

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 09:10 AM

No way!!! Awesome! Dang it, I wish my office was closer to the Citicorp building. It almost may be worth it to make a detour on my way to work :)
Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy
Inflamed stomach lining
Gluten free since July 6, 2005
Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: