12 replies to this topic

#1 hermitgirl

hermitgirl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:07 AM

Has anyone else had problems with this product? I have been responding like I do to a glutening the last couple of times I drank one. I know their website claims all Gatorade products are gluten free, and I never had problems until they added the extra vitamins. I can't find any info on their source of alpha tocopherol acetate...

Ingredients in G2:Water, high fructose corn syrup(glucose-fructose syrup) citric acid, natural and artifical flavor, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phoshpate, polysorbate 20, ascorbic acid(vitamin c) red 40, niacinamide(vitamin b3) sucrolose, calcium disodium EDTA(protects freshness), calcium pantothenate(vitamin b5), alpha tocopherol acetate(vitamin E), acesulfame potassium, pyridoxine hydrochloride(vitamin b6).

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 hannahp57

hannahp57

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:45 PM

i have gotten a little sick feeling after drinking one but nothing close to gluten symptoms. i havent been able to find info either.. what'd you feel like after?

#3 hannahp57

hannahp57

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

i have gotten a little sick feeling after drinking one but nothing close to gluten symptoms. i havent been able to find info either.. what'd you feel like after?

#4 hannahp57

hannahp57

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 06:06 PM

#5 hermitgirl

hermitgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 03:05 AM

Stomache issues as well as skin breakouts. Just not feeling good, gassy, running to the bathroom every few minutes. Headaches, and slight reflux.

#6 AnneM

AnneM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:11 AM

I drink G2 all the time, never had ANY reactions whatsoever, and i am a very sensitive Celiac.
Diagnosed with Celiac Disease on March 27, 2006 via blood and biopsy.
Diverticulitis
Hiatial Hernia
Acid Reflux
H-Pylori
Colectomy and appendix removed June 5, 2008

#7 hermitgirl

hermitgirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 02:37 AM

Thanks. Must be something else in it that doesn't agree with any of my system. Never had a problem until they added the extra stuff to it. Oh well. Back to water.

#8 SGWhiskers

SGWhiskers

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:32 PM

Gatoraid only promotes their "thirst quenchers" with the big G on the side as gluten-free. They don't have an online statement about the other lines.

#9 Emily Christine

Emily Christine

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

Has anyone else had problems with this product? I have been responding like I do to a glutening the last couple of times I drank one. I know their website claims all Gatorade products are gluten free, and I never had problems until they added the extra vitamins. I can't find any info on their source of alpha tocopherol acetate...

Ingredients in G2:Water, high fructose corn syrup(glucose-fructose syrup) citric acid, natural and artifical flavor, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phoshpate, polysorbate 20, ascorbic acid(vitamin c) red 40, niacinamide(vitamin b3) sucrolose, calcium disodium EDTA(protects freshness), calcium pantothenate(vitamin b5), alpha tocopherol acetate(vitamin E), acesulfame potassium, pyridoxine hydrochloride(vitamin b6).

I'm having issues with it..Haven't been diagnosed with Celiacs, not sure if it's celiacs or other food allergies but I'm not feeling well at all after it. I researched many of the ingredients and they contain sucralose, which is an artificial sweetener, which can bother those with damaged intestines or for people that are sensitive to many foods. I tend to feel way better if I only eat naturally. It also contains citric acid, which is used in most soft drinks. I stopped drinking soda about 3 years ago because I just can't handle it.

#10 tbskinner

tbskinner

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:36 PM

When I drank the blue flavor I started to get itchy on my forearms and shins. I also had some stomach issues. I'm fairly sensitive and I get a similar reaction to redbridge beer which is supposedly gluten free. I'll probably give it another shot just to make sure because my reaction was not that bad.

#11 NorthernElf

NorthernElf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:06 AM

I haven't had any issues with it, in fact last time I was on holiday and got glutened that was about all I could handle for a bit...needed some electrolytes and had lots of D.

#12 kareng

kareng

Yum!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,977 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:17 AM

There is no evidence to support this internet rumor that one color of Gatorade has gluten and the other colors do not. From a manufacturing perspective, it wouldn't make sense either. I have seen that people have problems with some food dyes but not all. This is not due to gluten.

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#13 CeliacAndCfsCrusader

CeliacAndCfsCrusader

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:46 PM

I think Gatorade is ok, but I seem to recall Powerade (some varieties) may have some gluten in it.....just an fyi.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: