Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gatorade 2 A.k.a. G2

13 posts in this topic

Has anyone else had problems with this product? I have been responding like I do to a glutening the last couple of times I drank one. I know their website claims all Gatorade products are gluten free, and I never had problems until they added the extra vitamins. I can't find any info on their source of alpha tocopherol acetate...

Ingredients in G2:Water, high fructose corn syrup(glucose-fructose syrup) citric acid, natural and artifical flavor, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phoshpate, polysorbate 20, ascorbic acid(vitamin c) red 40, niacinamide(vitamin b3) sucrolose, calcium disodium EDTA(protects freshness), calcium pantothenate(vitamin b5), alpha tocopherol acetate(vitamin E), acesulfame potassium, pyridoxine hydrochloride(vitamin b6).

Ads by Google:

i have gotten a little sick feeling after drinking one but nothing close to gluten symptoms. i havent been able to find info either.. what'd you feel like after?

i have gotten a little sick feeling after drinking one but nothing close to gluten symptoms. i havent been able to find info either.. what'd you feel like after?

Stomache issues as well as skin breakouts. Just not feeling good, gassy, running to the bathroom every few minutes. Headaches, and slight reflux.

I drink G2 all the time, never had ANY reactions whatsoever, and i am a very sensitive Celiac.

Thanks. Must be something else in it that doesn't agree with any of my system. Never had a problem until they added the extra stuff to it. Oh well. Back to water.

Gatoraid only promotes their "thirst quenchers" with the big G on the side as gluten-free. They don't have an online statement about the other lines.

Has anyone else had problems with this product? I have been responding like I do to a glutening the last couple of times I drank one. I know their website claims all Gatorade products are gluten free, and I never had problems until they added the extra vitamins. I can't find any info on their source of alpha tocopherol acetate...

Ingredients in G2:Water, high fructose corn syrup(glucose-fructose syrup) citric acid, natural and artifical flavor, salt, sodium citrate, monopotassium phoshpate, polysorbate 20, ascorbic acid(vitamin c) red 40, niacinamide(vitamin b3) sucrolose, calcium disodium EDTA(protects freshness), calcium pantothenate(vitamin b5), alpha tocopherol acetate(vitamin E), acesulfame potassium, pyridoxine hydrochloride(vitamin b6).

I'm having issues with it..Haven't been diagnosed with Celiacs, not sure if it's celiacs or other food allergies but I'm not feeling well at all after it. I researched many of the ingredients and they contain sucralose, which is an artificial sweetener, which can bother those with damaged intestines or for people that are sensitive to many foods. I tend to feel way better if I only eat naturally. It also contains citric acid, which is used in most soft drinks. I stopped drinking soda about 3 years ago because I just can't handle it.

When I drank the blue flavor I started to get itchy on my forearms and shins. I also had some stomach issues. I'm fairly sensitive and I get a similar reaction to redbridge beer which is supposedly gluten free. I'll probably give it another shot just to make sure because my reaction was not that bad.

I haven't had any issues with it, in fact last time I was on holiday and got glutened that was about all I could handle for a bit...needed some electrolytes and had lots of D.

There is no evidence to support this internet rumor that one color of Gatorade has gluten and the other colors do not. From a manufacturing perspective, it wouldn't make sense either. I have seen that people have problems with some food dyes but not all. This is not due to gluten.

I think Gatorade is ok, but I seem to recall Powerade (some varieties) may have some gluten in it.....just an fyi.