10 replies to this topic

#1 cornmufin

cornmufin

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:51 PM

My 8 year old daughter needs English Muffins for a class recipe for the end of school party.They are making English Muffin Pizzas in school. I have found 2 that fall part when they are defrosted. Can any one help with a suggestion. Thanks. We live in Brooklyn New York

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,989 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 04:58 PM

We have had good results with the Glutino English Muffins, although we have never tried to make a pizza out of them.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#3 missy'smom

missy'smom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:03 PM

Ds likes bagel pizzas, on the Glutino bagels, if I remember right. I like the flavor of the Foods by George french bread rollls but they are a bit crumbly.

Edit: It wasn't Foods by George rolls that I was thinking of. The brand that I was referring to was Gillian's.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#4 daphniela

daphniela

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

This is the recipe I use for english muffins. You will need circle cookie cutter rings or muffin rings to make it.

3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon yeast
1 teaspoon canola oil
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon warm water

Spray the pan with nonstick spray and dust with white rice flour.
Mix water, yeast, sugar and oil in a bowl.
In a seperate bowl, mix reamining ingredients. Mix all into one bowl with a mixer on high for 2 minutes.
Spoon into pans. Cover and let rise for 20 minutes.
Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.

#5 Puddy

Puddy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 05:44 AM

I agree with Joan's gluten-free Great Bakes....they are the best! I think you can order them on line and they have a store in Bellmore on Long Island.
Toni

Gluten Free - February 16, 2008

Diagnosed with positive bloodwork and biopsy.

No digestive symptoms for the past 25 years, but did have severe anemia, osteoporosis, lactose intolerance and RLS at time of diagnosis.

#6 harriedlate

harriedlate

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:25 AM

I agree with Joan's gluten-free Great Bakes....they are the best! I think you can order them on line and they have a store in Bellmore on Long Island.

JOAN,S gluten-free GREAT BAKES BY FAR THE BEST ENGLISH MUFFINS EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Michi8

Michi8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:48 AM

My 8 year old daughter needs English Muffins for a class recipe for the end of school party.They are making English Muffin Pizzas in school. I have found 2 that fall part when they are defrosted. Can any one help with a suggestion. Thanks. We live in Brooklyn New York

I like the Kinnikinnick ones, which are easily available here...not sure about New York. BTW, how will they be handling the baking? Will her food be cooked separately? Or will everyone be using gluten free english muffins?

Michelle

#8 cornmufin

cornmufin

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

I like the Kinnikinnick ones, which are easily available here...not sure about New York. BTW, how will they be handling the baking? Will her food be cooked separately? Or will everyone be using gluten free english muffins?

Michelle

Many people have suggested the Joans gluten-free Greatbakes English Muffins to me. I am going to try to find them in Manhattan ,near work. Her muffins are going to be placed on aluminum,under the broiler, instead of the toaster.She is the only gluten-free kid in her class . Thanks for the responses

#9 bklynceliac

bklynceliac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 07:19 PM

Trader Joe's carries outstanding gluten-free, casein-free english muffins. toasted with butter they taste as good as i remember thomas'. and handily enough - there's a new Trader's in Brooklyn, on Court and Atlantic. Plenty of other great gluten-free items there as well...
Diagnosed through Enterolab (9.27.06)
Antigliadin IgA 164 (Normal Range <10 Units)
Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 75 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
Quantitative Microscopic Fat Score 874 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)
Fecal anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 73 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)
HLA-DQ 2,1 (Subtype 2,5)

#10 cornmufin

cornmufin

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:53 AM

THANK YOU TO ALL WHO RESPONDED.I PURCHASED JOAN''S gluten-free GREAT BAKES ENGLISH MUFFINS AND GLUTINO. THERE IS NO COMPARISON AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.THE JOAN'S IS THE MOST LIKE THOMAS I HAVE EVER HAD EXCEPT FOR THOMAS. MY DAUGHTER LOVES LOVES LOVES THEM.
THE SHIPPING WAS HIGH BUT WELL WORTH IT.

WE WILL BE USING THEM FOR HAMBURGER BUNS THIS SUMMER AS WELL AS THE LITTLE PIZZA

#11 MaryJones2

MaryJones2

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 09 July 2009 - 06:36 AM

I love Joan's too. I buy in bulk every few months! I've given them to a few non-celiac friends and they also think they are great. Joan's is a real winner.

---------------------------------

MP - celiac for 10 years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: