3 replies to this topic

#1 tammy

tammy

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:10 PM

I have used Arrowhead Mills' Organic Buckwheat Flour and had reactions! I did find that buckwheat is a grain that takes awhile to get used to its' strong flavor.

I want to try McCann's Irish Oats but they can not say that there isn't the possibily of cross contamination from the farm to the mill. Has anyone had success when eating this product?

:unsure: :D :unsure:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 gf4life

gf4life

Our family "photo" as drawn by my daughter Hannah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 12:32 PM

Hi Tammy,

A lot of people have reactions to Arrowhead Mills products. Read this post called
Mis-Labeled Arrowhead Mills Products .

As for McCann's I have tried them, and I didn't notice a reaction the few times I ate it. But I do notice reactions with other oat products(by different companies), so I am about to try the McCann's again and see. I am getting to the point that I am ready to cut oats completely, just because I don't want to take the chance...

God bless,
Mariann
~West Coast-Central California~

Mariann, gluten intolerant and mother of 3 gluten intolerant children

#3 kejohe

kejohe

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 07:47 PM

There are several topics regarding oats and you will find that there are lots of mixed feelings about them among the folks on this board. I read a study about them not too long ago and it seems that McCann's is the only brand tested that had 0% gluten in the oats, Quaker had 0.006% gluten contamination.

Hope this helps... oh, I also feed them to my son and he has had no ill effects.
Kathleen
Son has been gluten-free since December 2001

#4 tammy

tammy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 28 February 2004 - 08:05 PM

Oh boy :( I must apologize. I just reread my own post about Buckwheat only to realize that I made a mistake. I must have been very tired when I wrote it.

I have NOT had any negative reactions to their Organic Buckwheat! I continually use their flour to make Indian flat bread.

Again, I do apologize.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: