This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Quick Breakfast Ideas

oreilly15

oreilly15 Rookie

Hi my name is Ian O'Reilly and I was diagnosed with Celiac disease about 6 months ago. I've been pretty strict with it but I find breakfast to be a little bit of a problem. I have meats and rice and stuff for lunch and supper,but does anyone have any ideas on quick gluten free breakfasts that will actually fill me up before work and that are ready to go. Also is there any quick food restaurants that serve any gluten free breakfast foods.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Darn210 Enthusiast

One of my favorite breakfasts . . .

Whenever we have pancakes, I make a double batch and freeze the leftovers (wax paper in between). I think Van's also has some frozen gluten free pancakes if you don't want to make your own pancakes.

I also have frozen (pre-cooked) link sausage-lots of brands are gluten free.

I warm them both up in the microwave and use the pancake like a bun or wrap around the sausage . . . and go . . . gives me a "sausage & bisquit" type of fix.

missy'smom Collaborator

some of these are prep ahead

hard boiled eggs

Healthy Choice chicken and rice soup-I'll add extra chicken from dinner leftovers

Hormel Naturals ham or turkey

cheese

tuna or chicken salad

broiled fish

yogurt and fruit-Fage Greek yogurt

various nut and seed and dried fruit bars-Larabar, KIND

tunibell Rookie

Here's my favorite:

Rinse 1/4 cup quinoa. Boil 1/2 cup water, and add the rinsed quinoa. Add a banana and blueberries (or whatever other fruit you have on hand; peeled apples work nicely). Stir once, cover, and turn down the heat all the way. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and sweeten with honey or agave nectar, if desired. I also like to add chopped nuts and ground flax seeds for texture.

daphniela Explorer
Hi my name is Ian O'Reilly and I was diagnosed with Celiac disease about 6 months ago. I've been pretty strict with it but I find breakfast to be a little bit of a problem. I have meats and rice and stuff for lunch and supper,but does anyone have any ideas on quick gluten free breakfasts that will actually fill me up before work and that are ready to go. Also is there any quick food restaurants that serve any gluten free breakfast foods.

I believe you can buy grits in a box like the oatmeal packets. I found some gluten free frozen waffles. The brand is Van's. I found them at Mejiers. Cream of Rice doesn't take that long to cook. What about quinoa flakes?

ang1e0251 Contributor

I know it sounds like you prefer grab and go, but if you could take a couple of minutes to fry or scrample an egg with some Hormel Naturals ham or turkey, you would have a nice breakfast burrito. Wrap it in a corn tortilla warmed in your toaster.

Also any sandwich makings in a tortilla are portable. Like cream cheese and meat or peanut butter and jelly, watch out for the drip factor! I love eggs but a sausage link and cheese sounds good too. Can you tell I'm a protein in the morning kind of girl?

Salax Contributor

My fav is toasting some gluten-free waffles. One side peanut butter, other side jelly, and slap them together, run out the door and your gtg. You can also do this with cream cheese and jelly. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AnneM Apprentice

Jimmy dean makes yummy breakfast bowls and entrees, most are gluten free, just read the ingrediants. Also Aunt Jemima makes frozen breakfasts too, takes 3 mins in the microwave. I eat them all the time, fast easy and delicious. :D

purple Community Regular

We love these 2 freezable, heat and eat recipes:

Open Original Shared Link

I keep frozen chopped ham, bacon, green and red peppers and green onions in the freezer. Just thaw a little and use in the recipe. Make and freeze the extras. No flours needed!

Open Original Shared Link

I freeze a ripe banana at all times, then thaw. And use 1 1/2 cups any milk. Good with mini chocolate chips or berries. Wrap and freeze the extra, I make about 15. Great plain, toast and go!

OptimisticMom42 Apprentice

Grab-n-go

fat slice of ham and an apple, coffee

smoked brat and a handful of grapes, coffee

precooked sausage and a banana, coffee

precooked bacon and an orange juice, coffee

peanut butter on a rice cake, peach, coffee

trail mix (nuts,chex,dried fruit), milk, coffee

Our Dr said that it takes a body 6 hours to break down protien, 2 to 4 hours for starches. So you stay full longer if you eat a good protien sorce for breakfast.

Hope this helps

Jana315 Apprentice

My breakfast staple has been Quaker Instant Grits - I know that Quaker has a bad rep for cc, but I've had great luck with the instant grits. I like this thread, though, because I need to branch out. They are starting to get old...

Jana

gluten free since 5/13/09

nightshade free since 5/15/09 or so

Ed-G Newbie

For something really quick I have cold cereal such as Rice chex (now gluten gree) or Van's gluten-free waffles.

Ed in MD

tarnalberry Community Regular
One of my favorite breakfasts . . .

Whenever we have pancakes, I make a double batch and freeze the leftovers (wax paper in between). I think Van's also has some frozen gluten free pancakes if you don't want to make your own pancakes.

I also have frozen (pre-cooked) link sausage-lots of brands are gluten free.

I warm them both up in the microwave and use the pancake like a bun or wrap around the sausage . . . and go . . . gives me a "sausage & bisquit" type of fix.

I did this yesterday. I now have 18 breakfasts sitting for me in the freezer. :P To make the pancakes a little heartier for grab'n'go, I'll put peanut butter on them after I've reheated them. weird, but effective. :P

kristy1129 Newbie

This is a great, filling and quick breakfast!

I got this recipe from a lady at Trader Joe's that said it was AWESOME!! So, I thought I'd share, but wanted some feedback as well.

1/4 c Almond meal (ONLY 3.99/lb - WAY cheaper than everywhere else)

1 tsp. Cinnamon

1 Egg - well beaten

1 Tbsp Canola oil (I use grapeseed oil)

1 Tbsp Agave Sweetener

Mix dry & wet ingredients separately and then together. I now use my magic bullet to mix it up and that works really well. You certainly don't have to though.

Pour batter into coffee cup that has been lightly sprayed with a non-stick spray. I've put it in a larger dish too and it works great.

Microwave on high for 1 minute to 1 minute 15 seconds

Invert over plate; should fall out easily.

Top it off with a little butter or all-fruit spread.

You could also put some fruits or whatever in it.

*Daniella* Apprentice

I LOVE the Arrowmills Rise n Shine breakfast (you can do the same thing with cream of rice cereal). I add a little brown sugar, slivered almonds and some type of frozen berries. It take about 5 mintues to prepare and it keeps me full all morning. Healthy and yummy!

lizard00 Enthusiast
To make the pancakes a little heartier for grab'n'go, I'll put peanut butter on them after I've reheated them. weird, but effective. :P

I LOVE pancakes with peanut butter!! Forget the syrup... :)

I'm into cereal with fruit on top these days, or I'll make biscuits and eat off of those for a few days with some precooked sausage patties. Just heat them up and put on the bread. Very portable and 1 or 2 of them will keep me full for a couple of hours.

Breakfast is hard for me too... thanks for starting this. I'm always looking for new stuff.

Archived