3 replies to this topic

#1 maxwell1200

maxwell1200

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:48 PM

I have been cheating on the diet lately, I know it is bad.
Background, I was diagnosed in Nov 2004 and weeks later became preg. Every thing is going well so far. Although I have cheated once or twice.

Here is my question, I will get sick if I come near a bread crumb. i took a pickle off my husbands sandwhich which was between lettuce and cheese and got sick almost immediately. (servers who touch pickles also touch bread...whoda thunk?)

Yet i have a small slice of cake and I have fine. (I think it is the pregnacy and cravings that make me not be able to have control) I have gone over the times I have cheated and there are not all that many. The only times I get sick to my stomach are the times it involves bread or bread like things. Coulld I have an allergy to the yeast in bread and not gluten.

I have had the blood test, which stated that I was sensitive to gluten or intolorant one but never been tested as a full blown celiac due to the diet seems to work and there is no meds out there.

Any advice??

Angela

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 04:25 PM

You have never been tested for celiac? Were you gluten free when you were tested for intolerance. Whether you get symptoms or not you will get damage to your system if you are a celiac. Some people react to some things but not other things. Other don't react at all and then others react to every little bit. I think if you tested gluten intolerant then it is not just any yeast in the bread...I find that very unlikely...you need to be comitted to the diet though. When you ignore it you put yourself 40-100 times more likely to get cancer and other serious complications so I would really watch it. There are still many things we can eat that are delicious but I think the gluten free diet is what you need to be following. You need to check things such as lipsticks etc. and make sure you get a new toaster if you have not already because of the bread crumbs.....let me know if you any questions. :D

To other moderators...I pinned this here...I thought it belonged here if it doesn't just move it :lol:
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#3 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 06:27 PM

Yes, the symptoms can vary from time to time, but your post has me concerned. Untreated celiac (and cheating counts as untreated, I'm afraid) is a risk factor for infertility and problem pregnancies. Now, if ANY is not the time to cheat, unfortunately.

What tests did you have done and what were the results? False positives are almost unheard of.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#4 Guest_gillian502_*

Guest_gillian502_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2005 - 11:00 AM

Your risk for miscarriage is now way up because of the cheating, unfortunatley. Please don't cheat if you have celiac disease or if you're gluten intolerant, and if you haven't gotten a firm diagnosis, see your dr. and try for one. That way you won't have to continue to question it in the future. Good luck to you and feel better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: